No new indictments
24 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarmer - March 23, 2019, 10 a.m.

So the Mueller report supposedly has called for no new indictments.

Good news I think everyone can agree. Let’s hope everyone accepts this as the definitive report. Clean up whatever is exposed and move on.

Comments
By cliff-e - March 23, 2019, 3:42 p.m.
Like Reply
By WxFollower - March 24, 2019, 12:31 a.m.
Like Reply

This is great news for the country I’m saying that despite not being a Trump fan.

By metmike - March 25, 2019, 2:39 p.m.
Like Reply

"Good news I think everyone can agree. Let’s hope everyone accepts this as the definitive report. Clean up whatever is exposed and move on."

"This is great news for the country I’m saying that despite not being a Trump fan."

Now you guys that are sincere about the best interest for our country and clearly objective will see that this was never about  authentic guilt or innocence of Trump or determining the amount of influence that Russia had in the election outcome.

It's about destroying  Trump and descrediting the results of the election which resulted in him winning and Clinton losing.

That objective has not changed. Just move the goal posts, with new investigations and tactics but have the same target............Trump. 

Larry, you acknowledge your disdain for Trump but have been able to separate this to some extent from some realities related to the best interest of our country.

Unfortunately, there is a huge group that use Trumps vulnerability because of his massive personality flaws, the biggest weak point of any president in history to do unfair things to him with impunity that would never be tolerated from a fairness standpoint if he was a nice guy.

If you hate somebody, they get what they deserve..............even if they don't deserve it.

If you like somebody, they should always get the benefit of the doubt.

This is human nature being used by Trumps enemies against him. 

By mcfarmer - March 25, 2019, 7:51 p.m.
Like Reply

“Now you guys that are sincere about the best interest for our country and clearly objective will see that this was never about  authentic guilt or innocence of Trump or determining the amount of influence that Russia had in the election outcome.”

Ahhh, no.

There was reason to suspect, it wasn’t found. Move on.

By metmike - March 26, 2019, 12:09 a.m.
Like Reply

"There was reason to suspect, it wasn’t found. Move on."

Again,  the point is that we are not seeing one side moving on as that side, the one that convinced you that there was reason to suspect(with bogus evidence) is now adjusting the plan, applying similar tactics with the objective of obtaining the same results of the last 2 years. 

Keep the investigations and suspicions and hatred and discrediting, unproven assumptions and fake news going.......as long as possible.

Trump,  because of his inflammatory, easy to hate, narcissistic personality is the perfect target. He gets no sympathy from anybody that isn't a Trump supporter. 

The MSM and democrats can bash him around the clock with anything they want and people think that he deserves whatever he gets............and what used to be journalism, has quickly evolved into extreme political activism. 

Freedom of the press is being blatantly abused. 

Clearly,  there is no moving on or apologizing......by many of those responsible...... for wrongfully accusing Trump, assuming guilt and crimes where there were none for over 2 years. Not just a few times or even a few dozen times but constantly for 2 years...........hundreds of times.

How can all these entities justify crucifying an innocent person, namely the leader of our country that entire time and get away with it.

"There was reason to suspect"

No, there really wasn't except  wild speculations that never had any substance but  were twisted in convincing sounding fashion and narratives...............like the best weather/climate in the last 1,000 years has been turned into a climate crisis. 

Everybody wants to be on the side of those with the noble cause of saving the planet? 

If you are against it, an evil denier, you are trying to block/obstruct those with altruistic motives for life, the planet, our children.  

In reality, its all manufactured(with  climate/weather simulations programmed on computers going out 100 years).............like the Trump colluding with Russia stuff. 

The game book calls for deciding what reality they want to create in order to influence peoples opinion, then manufacture(often fake) news which supports it and repeat that news over and over and over. 

By kermit - March 26, 2019, 6:38 a.m.
Like Reply

It makes you wonder what the midterm results woould of been without this. There is more evidence that barry has a husband but that is silent. How somebody could take this kind of a beating and keep doing better than most president in history is a testement to the character of President Trump

By metmike - March 26, 2019, 11:44 a.m.
Like Reply

metmike: At least some are recognizing what just happened and  are doing the right thing:

The Hill is not a right wing/conservative media source:

The Hill

The Hill - Left Center Bias

LEFT-CENTER BIAS

Apologies to President Trump

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/435552-apologies-to-president-trump

"With the conclusions of special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe now known to a significant degree, it seems apologies are in order.

However, judging by the recent past, apologies are not likely forthcoming from the responsible parties.

In this context, it matters not whether one is a supporter or a critic of President Trump.

Whatever his supposed flaws, the rampant accusations and speculation that shrouded Trump’s presidency, even before it began, ultimately have proven unfounded. Just as Trump said all along.

Yet, each time Trump said so, some of us in the media lampooned him. We treated any words he spoke in his own defense as if they were automatically to be disbelieved because he had uttered them. Some even declared his words to be “lies,” although they had no evidence to back up their claims. 

We in the media allowed unproven charges and false accusations to dominate the news landscape for more than two years, in a way that was wildly unbalanced and disproportionate to the evidence.

We did a poor job of tracking down leaks of false information. We failed to reasonably weigh the motives of anonymous sources and those claiming to have secret, special evidence of Trump’s “treason.”

As such, we reported a tremendous amount of false information, always to Trump’s detriment.

And when we corrected our mistakes, we often doubled down more than we apologized. We may have been technically wrong on that tiny point, we would acknowledge. But, in the same breath, we would insist that Trump was so obviously guilty of being Russian President Vladimir Putin’s puppet that the technical details hardly mattered.

So, a round of apologies seem in order.

Apologies to Trump on behalf of those in the U.S. intelligence community, including the Department of Justice and the FBI, which allowed the weaponization of sensitive, intrusive intelligence tools against innocent citizens such as Carter Page, an adviser to Trump’s presidential campaign.

Apologies also to Page himself, to Jerome Corsi, Donald Trump Jr., and other citizens whose rights were violated or who were unfairly caught up in surveillance or the heated pursuit of charges based on little more than false, unproven opposition research paid for by Democrats and the Hillary Clinton campaign.

Apologies for the stress on their jobs and to their families, the damage to their reputations, the money they had to spend to hire legal representation and defend themselves from charges for crimes they did not commit.

Apologies on behalf of those in the intelligence community who leaked true information out of context to make Trump look guilty, and who sometimes leaked false information to try to implicate or frame him. 

Apologies from those in the chain of command at the FBI and the Department of Justice who were supposed to make sure all information presented to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC) is verified but did not do so.

Apologies from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) court judges who are supposed to serve as one of the few checks and balances to prevent the FBI from wiretapping innocent Americans. Whether because of blind trust in the FBI or out of ignorance or even malfeasance, they failed at this important job.

Apologies to the American people who did not receive the full attention of their government while political points were being scored; who were not told about some important world events because they were crowded out of the news by the persistent insistence that Trump was working for Russia.

Apologies all the way around.

And now, with those apologies handled — are more than apologies due?

Should we try to learn more about those supposed Russian sources who provided false “intel” contained in the “dossier” against Trump, Page and others? Should we learn how these sources came to the attention of ex-British spy Christopher Steele, who built the dossier and claimed that some of the sources were close to Putin?

When and where did Steele meet with these high-level Russian sources who provided the apparently false information?  

Are these the people who actually took proven, concrete steps to interfere in the 2016 election and sabotage Trump’s presidency, beginning in its earliest days?

Just who conspired to put the “dossier” into the hands of the FBI? Who, within our intel community, dropped the ball on verifying the information and, instead, leaked it to the press and presented it to the FISC as if legitimate?

“Sorry” hardly seems to be enough.

Will anyone be held accountable?"

By metmike - March 26, 2019, 11:52 a.m.
Like Reply

Giuliani to CNN's Chris Cuomo: Apologize For Torturing Trump For Two Years With Collusion; Cuomo: "Never"

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/03/25/giuliani_to_cnns_chris_cuomo_apologize_for_torturing_trump_for_two_years_with_collusion_cuomo_never.html

By joj - March 26, 2019, 1:41 p.m.
Like Reply

I guess that means apologies are in order for OJ Simpson who was found not guilty for the murder of Nicole Simpson and Ron Brown.

Apologies are also in order for Robert Mueller who Trump called every name in the book.  Looks like he wasn't a political hack after all.

Still waiting for answers to the question I have asked here on MF over and over.  

Why did Trump lie about his Russian dealings over and over?

Why did Kushner lie about Russian contacts?

Why did everyone in the Trump administration lie about Russian contacts?

Exonerated?  Not!!   

"Russia, if you're listening"....

"I fired Comey because of the Russia investigation."

By metmike - March 26, 2019, 1:48 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks joj,

It's crystal clear where you are coming from and that nothing will change that. 

By mcfarmer - March 26, 2019, 2:54 p.m.
Like Reply

Fact, Russia meddled in the election. Results ? Unknown.

Fact, the meddling was to Trump’s benefit. He collude ? No, evidently not.

Fact, trump tower meeting with Russians. (And other events) Reason to investigate given the above ? Absolutely.

Wouldn’t you want the president cleared of any cloud of doubt ? Anyone would, and I think we have so move on.

This is the way the system works. Don’t know why everyone is getting so butt hurt over it. Suspicions ? Investigate. Investigation done ? Accept it. It’s not that hard.

By cliff-e - March 26, 2019, 5:26 p.m.
Like Reply

Controlling the narrative. Obstructing Freedom of the Press.

http://news.yahoo.com/trump-sends-memo-tv-producers-102550210.html

By joj - March 26, 2019, 6:48 p.m.
Like Reply

"It's crystal clear where you are coming from and that nothing will change that. "

Well, I have an opinion that is based on facts that are agreed to by everyone.  You know, like what Trump has done in broad daylight.  That opinion could get more entrenched if we ever see Mueller's report.

I accept the finding of no collusion.  I always thought that would be the case.  

As for obstruction, there is obviously a difference between indictment and exoneration.  Legal findings are often different than common sense.  And that is how it should be.  I thought OJ was guilty.  But you need to reach a very high bar to convict a capital crime and the prosecution failed to.   It is difficult for me to believe exoneration given all the lies and evidence in broad daylight.  You may do so if you like.  That is your right.

STILL no answers as to why everyone in the Trump organization including Trump lied about everything Russian.

Maybe when (IF) we see the full report we will learn the answers to that question.

By metmike - March 26, 2019, 10:46 p.m.
Like Reply

"Controlling the narrative. Obstructing Freedom of the Press."

To say that freedom of the press is being obstructed and controlled by Trump is sort of like saying the best weather and climate in the last 1,000 years................is a climate crisis.

How is it that 2+ years of unrelenting and uncontrolled fake news by most of the MSM with their historically blatant abuse of freedom of the press, targeting President Trump can occur ........................if Trump is controlling the narrative? Obstructing their freedom to report?

I'm glad that you provided the link cliff. It shows this hilarious item:

Sarah Sanders‏Verified account @PressSec

Mueller Madness! Which of the angry and hysterical @realDonaldTrump haters got it most embarrassingly wrong? #YouDecide

By cliff-e - March 27, 2019, 8 a.m.
Like Reply

84% wanting it released is a fairly sizable mandate. Note that they're wanting THE Mueller Report released.  Stay tuned.

http://www.businessinsider.com/majority-of-americans-want-mueller-russia-report-made-public-poll-2019-3

By joj - March 27, 2019, 9 a.m.
Like Reply

Mike,

I'll take your non rebuttal of "Not Exonerated" as admission to that fact.  Or would you argue that in spite of all the factual evidence, including Russia compromising our country's election process, it was not worthy of investigating?  

It sure sounds like it.  And if the investigation was a worthwhile enterprise, should it be covered by the press?

---------

"If I had to choose between a government with no press or a press with no government, I should choose the latter."

- Thomas Jefferson

By WxFollower - March 27, 2019, 10:46 a.m.
Like Reply

I certainly want the Mueller Report to be released essentially in its entirety (other than classified info). Otherwise, criticism from the other side on this will never end. However, I don’t trust that Barr will actually do so due to pro-Trump bias.

This country is likely beyond repair due to the lack of moderates/compromise. Very sad.

By metmike - March 27, 2019, 10:48 a.m.
Like Reply

Mike,

"I'll take your non rebuttal of "Not Exonerated" as admission to that fact."  

No!

I try to only deal with facts.  I don't have them. You speculate that this means guilty on obstruction. Guilty of what exactly. Since you want my speculation, on obstruction, I'll be happy to do that. 

We know that Trump never colluded with Russia..........or should I say that we all "should" know now based on the results of the exhaustive investigation. 

During the investigation, there were many, including almost all the MSM that were convinced that he did collude with Russia based on completely bogus and absurb evidence that Mueller must have quickly realized very early on. We should be able to agree that Mueller, must have checked out the validity of sources for him to conduct this investigation from the get go and realized............oh, oh!

But what was he going to do? Announce after a few months that it was over because it should never have been started?

So he continued the investigation and salvaged it by finding other crimes, and creating crimes by getting people to lie about things. In some cases tricking people. This provides one side with an assurance that this investigation was justified(if that's the case, then let's just investigate all people in this country because we know the FBI could find a million more crimes using the same tactics).

Now on the obstruction charges. Since Trump was innocent of collusion and HE knew it from the get go and HE knew that this was a Witchhunt from the get go and we know how Trump is, what are the chances that he tried to frustrate Mueller's investigation in more than one realm because of this?  There's your obstruction. Not enough to charge him with a crime but enough to call it obstruction. 

An objective and critically thinking  person would realize that its very tough to connect an obstruction charge................to  a crime that was not committed.

If one had sympathy for Trump because he was a nice guy, one might even sympathize with his desire to want to frustrate a completely unfair and biased investigation that was being used for 2 years.............with the whole world............justice department, MSM, democrats.........etc against him and insisting he was guilty of colluding with Russia........when he seemed to be the only one that knew the truth.

But objective and critical thinking, as described above will continue to NOT rule when it comes to interpreting the Mueller investigation results. 

A large faction of Trump haters have decided in their brains and hearts that he is a bad person(with the wrong agenda) and thus does not deserve the same legal rights or the fair treatment that a good person should get. 

By joj - March 27, 2019, 1:19 p.m.
Like Reply

So "innocent" Trump was frustrated therefore he can fire the man investigating him and verbally abuse authorities for 2 years.  Interesting.

So when a cop pulls a black motorist over who has done nothing wrong, instead of cooperating, you think it is ok for him to start haranguing the officer.

Innocent people do NOT act like Trump.  They cooperate fully because they have NOTHING to hide!

By metmike - March 27, 2019, 1:44 p.m.
Like Reply

"So when a cop pulls a black motorist over who has done nothing wrong, instead of cooperating, you think it is ok for him to start haranguing the officer."

Hugh????

What does that have to do with anything? I guess you completely missed the analogy.  Race has nothing to do with it joj. 

I don't think that I can make my points any more clear and can't think of a way to do so in this post. 

By joj - March 27, 2019, 1:45 p.m.
Like Reply

Fine.  A motorist of any color.

By metmike - March 27, 2019, 1:49 p.m.
Like Reply

You still completely missed it joj.

It related to the COST of the investigation.

40mph over the speed limit= cost of Clinton investigation

30 mph over the speed limit = cost of Trump investigation

You are using/siting the cost of the Clinton investigation as evidence that THIS one was not too expensive. 

If they were both TOO expensive, showing us an example of one other one that was even more expensive does not justify the cost of the 2nd most expensive one.

By joj - March 28, 2019, 7:23 a.m.
Like Reply

I'm not missing anything.

Perhaps I should repeat my response to you?

If investigating a foreign power compromising our internal security (a fact that is not in dispute) isn't worth the money then what is worth investigating?

The comparison is because one investigation was investigating a frivolous affair and the other was actually important.

By cliff-e - March 28, 2019, 8:29 a.m.
Like Reply

"Investigations are continuing robustly"- from a courtroom yesterday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq7sFAVwoNg