Syria.... what now?
7 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - April 14, 2018, 3:24 p.m.

If our markets had been open during the attack, I am sure, gold would have spiked up, and the stock market would have dropped. At the moment, things seem to be calm, but lots of stuff can still happen this weekend.

What we know so far…..

1. an alleged chemical attack that killed civilians took place in Syria a few days ago. US, UK and France decided to jointly bomb Syria, to teach Assad a lesson. None of the three attacking countries have offered any proof that this chemical attack actually took place. At one time 500 fatalities were mentioned, then it was 43.
  2. France, the only country claiming to have proof, quoted “unidentified sources”, the typical B.S. Russia claims to have “irrefutable evidence” that this attack was a staged event. Identified inside sources statedthat it was a staged event and there were no fatalities. There certainly were numerous players who had a motive to cause a military response against Assad
  3. A UN inspection team was supposed to arrive next week at the site of the event, to examine the site and the alleged victims. However, this trip is now cancelled. Maybe the bombing raid was purposely timed that way.
  4. The bombing raid was declared a total success. We were shown pictures of a destroyed chemical weapons factory. Of course, all we can see is rubble. This building could have been a shoe factory, for all we know. Russia claimed that ¾ of the incoming missiles were destroyed, the US claims only a handful were intercepted.
  5. The citizens of Damascus are demonstrating, showing their support for Assad and their resolve to survive.
  6. There is no question, in international law, the bombing raid was an illegal attack on a sovereign nation, an indirect declaration of war. How long can Russia, an ally of the attacked country, stand by idly?
  7. Reading international newspapers, it looks like Ms. May acted against the will of 75% of her People. I believe, the numbers in the US are not much different.
  8. The Democrats are making an issue out of Trump going to war without congressional approval
  9. Trump supporter Alex Jones of Infowars.com is totally distraught by Trumps military act against Syria, stating that Trump let his voters down

My own thoughts…..

In my neighborhood 2 stores are owned by Syrian immigrants. They both warned me not to believe what our MSM tells us about their country and Assad. It has become a well-known fact though, that a large portion of those “noble” rebels in Syria are actually alQaeda affiliates. And I do remember that video that went viral a few months ago….showing a rebel commander cutting open the body of a fallen government soldier, and eating his heart….cannibals!

I do not understand why our government supported, armed and trained these rebels.

Of course, when you start talking about the “Deep State” then everything starts making sense. Like Alex Jones, I am disappointed in Trump’s decision of this weekend. His campaign promises indicated a different path.

Monday should be an interesting day for us.

Comments
By mcfarm - April 14, 2018, 4:50 p.m.
Like Reply

could be this counter attack {I guess} was planned on a Friday nite for several good reasons, one being the markets have a couple of days without the violent reactions........we elect our leaders to first and foremost protect the people and the constitution. At times we must trust their actions. I will never forget the fake response Clinton had during the heat of the Monica mess and it was so transparent even Vandy should of seen thru it.....just have to hope our current leaders have more back bone

By frey_1999 - April 14, 2018, 6:50 p.m.
Like Reply

quote from mcfarm -- " We elect or leaders to first and foremost to protect the people and the constitution. At times we must trust their actions "  Then goes on to tell us how the leader he did not like but on a dog and pony show anybody should have seen through.

so much for trusting their actions

just more drivel from a trumptard telling the rest of the world how bad they ( any leader not named trump ) are and how good he ( trump ) is.    

By mcfarm - April 14, 2018, 7:44 p.m.
Like Reply

gee frey are you really that simple...do not answer that. Do I have to post links here that show what the missils that Clinton sent hit? Not going to and you obviously need to go back and find out how foolish and transparent that attack was. This is not about how good I am, has not one thing to do with that. Just a simple opinion on what happened Friday. 

By frey_1999 - April 15, 2018, 1:57 p.m.
Like Reply

seems many with-in the admin and the previous one had no problem with the missile attacks of course INFOWARS has a different story I'm sure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_cruise_missile_strikes_on_Iraq

I was not talking about you in last sentence of previous post and corrected it

By Lacey - April 15, 2018, 7:32 p.m.
Like Reply

I thought Trump had more backbone.  I was wrong.

By cfdr - April 17, 2018, 12:57 p.m.
Like Reply

Reading frey's posts makes me not want to bother posting.  It is apparent that he is a young kid who understands nothing about how the world works.

But, Gunter, your post was excellent, so I'd like to respond.

I have to ask - why in hell does Trump do this?  As far as Syria, it accomplishes nothing - other than to make the Syrians angry and determined.  It alienates many of Trump's supporters - like me.  My first thought - what does the MIC have on him?  What do the Zionists in Israel have on him?  He seems to be following the Yinon Plan - just as W and O have done before him.  It is disheartening to think that they really do control this country that much - that even Donald Trump cannot refuse to do what they want done there.

There is one other scenario, and we have seen this president work this way in the past.  Pompeo, Bolton - makes me shake my head.  Is Trump captured like every one of the previous presidents?  Or, is the president setting up the difficult negotiations with China and North Korea?  Was this recent attack in Syria part of that preparation?  We are seeing Kim's preparations now - proposing reconciliation with South Korea.  This is quite possibly the most important issue facing Trump.  We lost a *lot* of ground with Obama.

Just thinking - the ME would be interesting (especially if we weren't so directly involved!).  Everyone hates the Jews.  But the Shia and the Sunnis hate each other more, it seems.  So, the Sunnis are now "friends" of the Jews, and along with us, are using very bad characters to fight in Syria against Assad.  Russia desperately wants Assad in power, so that pipelines cannot be built to compete with Russian pipelines going to Europe.  In the US, we have plans to build a *lot*of LNG terminals - where do you suppose that gas is destined to go?  There are people here in the US who have fought Russia all their lives, and now they can see where they can finally destroy the Russian economy - and they are determined to do it.

And - - - then we have the Yinon Plan.

By Lacey - April 17, 2018, 1:13 p.m.
Like Reply

Good post.  I can't believe it either