Somebody almost as stingy as Biden found!
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - April 17, 2019, 9:59 p.m.

O'Rourke defends charitable giving record following release of tax returns

"Beto O’Rourke on Wednesday said he made “thousands of dollars” in charitable donations not reflected in his tax returns, claiming his campaign is working to find evidence of contributions amid criticisms of the 2020 hopeful’s low giving rate.

In 2017, he and his wife reported an adjusted gross income of $366,455 and $1,166 in charitable donations — equating to a giving rate of 0.3 percent.

Speaking to reporters in Virginia on Wednesday, O’Rourke defended his relatively meager giving rate by saying he “didn’t expect to release his taxes because I never thought I’d be running for president.”

“We are trying to go back to some of these organizations to see if they can share with us, over the last 10 years, how much we have donated,” he said, adding that his family has also “donated time on the boards of nonprofits and, certainly, in public service and in public life.”

Dude, that's why you made a 6 figure salary last year, you got paid! That's not called charity!!

If you remember recently, I showed how Biden averaged just 0.2% of his income over a 10 year period. This is a legit issue obviously for somebody that's supposedly devoting their lives to helping the less fortunate/poor.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/27902/

Comments
By metmike - April 17, 2019, 10:09 p.m.
Like Reply

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/beto-orourke-charity-town-hall

"According to Post correspondent Jenna Johnson, a student who attended the town hall at the University of Virginia asked the former Texas representative why her sister, who was a recent college graduate, donated more to charity while making much less than he and his wife."

By metmike - April 17, 2019, 10:15 p.m.
Like Reply

4 things missing from Democratic presidential tax returns

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/4-things-missing-from-democratic-presidential-tax-returns-124833012.html

Tax returns don’t reveal wealth. Beto O’Rourke, for instance, earned a relatively modest $370,000 in total income 2017—even though his net worth is probably $9 million or more.

By TimNew - April 18, 2019, 6:39 a.m.
Like Reply

"O’Rourke defended his relatively meager giving rate by saying he “didn’t expect to release his taxes because I never thought I’d be running for president.”

To be fair, don't most people give to charity for recognition?  I mean, if no one knows, what's the point right? I'm sure his contributions will be much more generous this year.</Sarcasm>

As I've shown many times, liberals are generally only charitable with other peoples money. When you peel back the onion even further,  the charities they actually personally give to are places like theaters and art museums. And doncha just know.. the quality of life of that homeless guy eating in the Christian soup kitchen will be soooo improved by that original Picasso hanging in that galery on the other side of town,  right?