Haven't seen a post by mojo in weeks ...
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by carlberky - April 27, 2019, 8:34 a.m.

Did something happen that I don't know about ?

Comments
By JP - April 27, 2019, 10:12 a.m.
Like Reply

If it did, that makes two of us.

By metmike - April 27, 2019, 12:57 p.m.
Like Reply

mojo was banned after being given numerous warnings, then in a battle with Tim, claimed that he didn't think that Trump was the Nazi but that Tim was. 

This was a couple of months ago.

I posted an explanation with the post and why mojo was going to be banned and left it up for a short while, then realizing that messages like that, highlighting how hateful the diatribe on market forum was and how we had to resort to banning our members who called each other names was exactly the opposite of what we want this place to be. So I deleted that post.

MUCH better to work from the bottom with a small group of people that can respect other people and make positive contributions...........which is our objective, then to increase traffic by allowing trolls with hate messages and name calling  and personal attacks on those that they hate and that use our forum for a toilet and make zero positive contributions to offset.

I had been deleting many of the most extreme mojo posts for months that were hateful baseless attacks, using one particular source and just referred to it as "reigning you in" then asking him to please try to control himself. 

At the start of the year, I did an analysis and found that something like 65% of our NTR threads were started as Trump bashing threads, many just cut and paste stuff posted to either upset others or to promote hatred  from Rawstory and other sources. 

I'm perfectly fine with discussions on the many negatives related to Trump and even mindless Trump bashing(from posters that contribute more than just that). They continue on. However, at that time I made several posts announcing that some of those would be cut back based on a new standard. 

Shortly after this, lar was upset by a couple of mcfarms posts, after which I scolded mcfarm(who has always made enormous positive contributions to our trading forum and continues to do so and is somebody we need here, despite his political bias and would never get banned over this).

lar was very grateful and suggested that I continue to be more vigilant in doing this in the future and I agreed with him and put out a couple more statements. 

mojo was unable to conform to the well defined new standards, and calling Tim a Nazi, after all that did him in finally. His responses via the contact moderator option put the last nail in the coffin. 

At least he didn't continue to haunt me for months, like one banned poster, with something like 50 emails telling me things like, I should ban myself and how awful this place was, then trying to sneak on 2 different times, using new names,  the 2nd time claiming that it was really his commodity trading wife that was using his computer. 

Here are a couple of the threads on this subject. There were over half a dozen, including a couple with lar(in case you think I was caving in to the right side in banning mojo-it actually was applying a standard that lar, a liberal was asking for and I agreed with). Our search engine doesn't work right, so I can't pull them all up but they give you the jest of it. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/23453/

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/23585/

By carlberky - April 27, 2019, 1:36 p.m.
Like Reply

Mike, thanks for the clarification.

By metmike - April 27, 2019, 2:15 p.m.
Like Reply

You're welcome Carl!