A Liar
14 responses | 0 likes
Started by cliff-e - May 1, 2019, 7:56 p.m.
Comments
Re: A Liar
0 likes
By metmike - May 1, 2019, 9:16 p.m.
Like Reply

Barr attacks:

Very predictable.  Told you this would happen numerous times, just like it is:

Previously here:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/26440/

No new indictments            

Started by mcfarmer - March 23, 2019, 10 a.m.                                               

"Good news I think everyone can agree. Let’s hope everyone accepts this as the definitive report. Clean up whatever is exposed and move on."

WxFollower: 

"This is great news for the country I’m saying that despite not being a Trump fan."

By metmike - March 25, 2019, 2:39 p.m.            

"Now you guys that are sincere about the best interest for our country and clearly objective will see that this was never about  authentic guilt or innocence of Trump or determining the amount of influence that Russia had in the election outcome.

It's about destroying  Trump and discrediting the results of the election which resulted in him winning and Clinton losing.

That objective has not changed. Just move the goal posts, with new investigations and tactics but have the same target............Trump."

Then again here:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/28002/

By metmike - April 18, 2019, 12:52 a.m.            

"I'm betting that the information from the Mueller report tomorrow will fall way short of what the democrats want, so they can use it against Trump and in response to this, they will ramp up the smear campaign against Barr and accuse him of a cover up and all sorts of things that tell us that he is incompetent, did bad things in the past and is just a mouth piece for Trump.

Anybody want to take me on this bet?

In addition, they will speculate wildly about Trumps obstructing of justice................to cover up the crime that one side made up(colluding with Russia) which they still want us thinking he did(obstruction) but Mueller decided to not prosecute him for.............even with all the evidence that they want us to think there is......which Barr is hiding from us."

Todays news:

"Dem Sen Hirono Suffers A Meltdown During Barr Hearing"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx-qLlAe8PM

Wow! 

"Barr is better at this than Senate Democrats"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/05/01/early-takeaways-william-barrs-tense-hearing/?utm_term=.b073ef9f6e4f

“I offered Bob Mueller the opportunity to review that letter before it came out,” Barr said, “and he declined.”

"When Barr was being confirmed by the Senate, I wrote about how he seemed to mollify the Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee without conceding much of anything. They seemed oddly satisfied with his answers and didn’t land many punches when it came to his repeated criticisms of the Mueller probe.

They were certainly tougher on Barr this time. But again Barr seemed to bob and weave his way through their lines of questioning, evading trouble and talking his way out of jams. They talked tough, but he largely outmaneuvered them again. There were a few exceptions, including Sens. Kamala D. Harris (D-Calif.) and Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.), but the hearing concluded without their being able to extract much."

"We’ll see Thursday whether the House can do any better — if Barr winds up testifying, that is."

metmike: Just an exercise in slandering Barr and trying to give the impression that he is covering up crimes. 

This reminds me of the Brett Kavanaugh hearings and comes from the same playbook.

Re: Re: A Liar
0 likes
By carlberky - May 1, 2019, 10:17 p.m.
Like Reply

Yes, Mike, let's sweep the report under the rug, and move on ... but your rehash of predictions and condemnation of those who wont let go (just as Trump and others here wont let go of Hilary's emails and Kavanaugh), doesn't address the issue.    

Mueller has written a letter (3/27) objecting to Barr’s summary of his report because it “did not fully capture the context, nature and substance of the investigation.”

Rep. Nadler: I note with interest AG Barr’s 4/10 Senate testimony.  
Q: Did Bob Mueller support your conclusion?  
A: I don’t know whether Bob Mueller supported my conclusion.”

0 likes
By silverspiker - May 1, 2019, 10:22 p.m.
Like Reply

Lying ,  Thievin -Whorez..

T.A.T.B.O.

THROW ALL THE BUMS OUT

By metmike - May 1, 2019, 11:02 p.m.
Like Reply

Carl,

This continued investigation has not changed a bit over the last month. This new letter that has emerged is not the reason for it.

For 2.5+ years, we keep hearing about these bomb shell, smoking gun revelations of evidence that(for most of the time proved collusion with Russia) are THE piece of evidence to get Trump.........or Barr in this case, since he's the new target and every time(like this one will be) they turn out to be twisted to have this profound meaning of a cover up or a crime committed or corruption.

One would think that the "Boy that cried wolf" syndrome would have run its course long ago. Seriously, one side got busted really bad on 2.5 years of being wrong every day about collusion. They just shrug it off and continue on with the same tactics and everybody pretends that what just happened really didn't happen.........and we can go right back to believing again..............because it's Trump.

We hate Trump and "know" that he's a bad person(I agree that he's a bad person) so he doesn't deserve the same rights and respect as people that we like(I  disagree with that).

With regards to the letter from the Washington Post:

Mueller complained that Barr’s letter did not capture ‘context’ of Trump probe

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/mueller-complained-that-barrs-letter-did-not-capture-context-of-trump-probe/2019/04/30/d3c8fdb6-6b7b-11e9-a66d-a82d3f3d96d5_story.html?utm_term=.b251456d9afa

"Justice Department officials said Tuesday that they were taken aback by the tone of Mueller’s letter and that it came as a surprise to them that he had such concerns. Until they received the letter, they believed Mueller was in agreement with them on the process of reviewing the report and redacting certain types of information, a process that took several weeks. Barr has testified to Congress previously that Mueller declined the opportunity to review his four-page memo to lawmakers that distilled the essence of the special counsel’s findings."

Barr even offerred Mueller the opportunity to review his initial four-page memo to lawmakers but Mueller declined. metmike: If Barr was trying to cover something up, why would he do that? Remember, he testified under oath that he did this."

"In that call, Mueller said he was concerned that media coverage of the obstruction probe was misguided and creating public misunderstandings about the office’s work, according to Justice Department officials.

When Barr pressed Mueller on whether he thought Barr’s memo to Congress was inaccurate, Mueller said he did not but felt that the media coverage of it was misinterpreting the investigation, officials said."

“After the Attorney General received Special Counsel Mueller’s letter, he called him to discuss it,” a Justice Department spokeswoman said Tuesday evening in a statement. “In a cordial and professional conversation, the Special Counsel emphasized that nothing in the Attorney General’s March 24 letter was inaccurate or misleading. But, he expressed frustration over the lack of context and the resulting media coverage regarding the Special Counsel’s obstruction analysis. They then discussed whether additional context from the report would be helpful and could be quickly released."

"In some team members’ view, the evidence they had gathered — especially on obstruction — was far more alarming and significant than how Barr had described it. That was perhaps to be expected, given that Barr had distilled a 448-page report into a terse, four-page memo to Congress."

"The letter made a key request: that Barr release the 448-page report’s introductions and executive summaries, and it made initial suggested redactions for doing so, according to Justice Department officials. The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive internal deliberations."

metmike: So Barr did exactly as Mueller  requested in the letter.

In what universe is this a cover up by Barr and corruption by an incompetent attorney general?? The manufactured "Destroy Trump" and now "Destroy Barr"  universe.

Washington Post

Has this Media Source failed a fact check? LET US KNOW HERE.

Share:

FacebookTwitterPinterestEmailTumblrRedditLinkedInFlipboardGoogle Bookmarks

Share260

Washington Post - Left Center Bias

0 likes
By TimNew - May 2, 2019, 6:27 a.m.
Like Reply

Mark My Words!!!   This is the beginning of the end for Trump and Barr!!!

0 likes
By cliff-e - May 2, 2019, 7:59 a.m.
Like Reply

Image may contain: 2 people, text

0 likes
By TimNew - May 2, 2019, 8:47 a.m.
Like Reply

Ya know, the parallels are uncanny.

Both Trump and Nixon are male republican presidents.

Both Barr and Mitchells are male republican AG's.

Seriously. This is freaky!!!

By metmike - May 2, 2019, 11:44 a.m.
Like Reply

A Real Attorney General

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-real-attorney-general-11556752279

"Bill Barr gets smeared for refusing to duck and cover like Loretta Lynch."

"Washington pile-ons are never pretty, but this week’s political setup of Attorney General William Barr is disreputable even by Beltway standards. Democrats and the media are turning the AG into a villain for doing his duty and making the hard decisions that special counsel Robert Mueller abdicated."

By metmike - May 2, 2019, 11:53 a.m.
Like Reply

kermit,

I deleted your ridiculous Obama post. Searching the internet to find a link that shows he mispronounced his wife's name twice to post here, in order to ridicule him does show a problem..............but it's not with Obama on that issue. 

Trump has misused more words and said more things similar to this than any president in history........and you want to give us a couple of understandable, innocent Obama slips?

I would have let the video stand as an example of what not to post here but part of the video included a word that some folks might consider offensive.

By joj - May 2, 2019, 12:34 p.m.
Like Reply

I predicted when we elected a corrupt man he would continue to be corrupt.  I told you so!

0 likes
By wglassfo - May 2, 2019, 1:19 p.m.
Like Reply

Just looking in from the outside here

Seems to me Lorretta Lynch ran away from her responsibility to make the call on Hillary. She did not want to judge one of her own bias. Ole Billy must have carried a big stick on the tarmac

She  let Comey be judge and jury

At least Barr is doing his job

As for Muellers letter

Barr has no control over what the media prints

Seems to me Mueller should have sent his letter to the media along with any complaints, verbal or otherwise

0 likes
By carlberky - May 2, 2019, 1:35 p.m.
Like Reply

An election, like a marriage or a business partnership, should not occur if your expectation is that the other party will or can change.

By metmike - May 2, 2019, 1:38 p.m.
Like Reply

Your completely missing the point joj!

All the MSM media had told us that Trump had colluded with Russia and predicted that Mueller would find the evidence and charge him with that crime...............and everybody assumed that in the absence of a criminal charge..........the investigations would be over.

The prediction that the investigations that would not be over after they found no collusion was NEW evidence that the investigation was really just  about having investigations into Trump.

By metmike - May 2, 2019, 1:40 p.m.
Like Reply

"An election, like a marriage or a business partnership, should not occur if the expectation is that the other party will or can change."

This should come under its own title: "SIGNIFICANT quotes for the day" !