Comments
By mcfarm - May 6, 2019, 4:02 p.m.
Like Reply

bet I can find a whole lot more than 379 who say a President can fire his fbi director anytime, anyplace, for any reason

By metmike - May 6, 2019, 7:14 p.m.
Like Reply

You mean to tell me that after all of this between Trump and the department of justice(which illegally spied on him and investigated him without justification for collusion with Russia because of his enemies for 2.5 years-and he made look bad because they found nothing), they have only been able to get 379 DOJ signatures?

Dang, I thought they would have at least 10 times that many by now (-:

Fascinating publicity stunt to provide more ammo to use in the continuing Trump/Russia scandal narrative.

I'm not an authority on law or the Constitution but we know somebody that is, maybe THE top authority:

Alan Dershowitz: Barr is right, Mueller is wrong

"The real controversy is whether President Trump’s actions, that were authorized by the Constitution, could constitute the crime of obstruction of justice. Barr is right in concluding it couldn’t. Mueller is wrong in concluding it could."

https://thehill.com/opinion/criminal-justice/441726-alan-dershowitz-barr-is-right-mueller-is-wrong

Seems pretty clear.  Please explain then, where/why Alan Dershowitz is getting it so wrong?

By metmike - May 6, 2019, 8:01 p.m.
Like Reply

"Trump appears to claim he should receive two extra years as president amid increasing fears he won't accept result of 2020 election"

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-appears-claim-receive-two-080920448.html

"The allusion to an extended presidency came just hours after Nancy Pelosi suggested Mr Trump might not voluntarily leave the White House if Democrats fail to win “big” in 2020.

The Democratic house speaker said Mr Trump may contest the result and refuse to give up power if her party’s candidate won only by a narrow margin.

“We have to inoculate against that, we have to be prepared for that,” she told The New York Times."

We have completely left the universe of headline stores that always made sense in the past. The most ludicrous stuff is now stated in a manner in which people accept it...........even when it makes absolutely no sense. The MSM and information gate keepers  know this, so they create narratives, manufacture (fake) facts and market it with publicity stunts to minds eager to absorb anything that lines up with what they "know" they already know.

What's ironic is that the method being used, employs the most powerful educational tool that ever existed(by a wide margin) capable of teaching all of us almost anything there is to know about almost everything............but it's turning people DUMBER.

The internet is actually turning some people dumber in specific realms via manipulation of the information  with fake news.

By TimNew - May 7, 2019, 3:47 a.m.
Like Reply

I wonder why they felt the need to use "Former" prosecutors?   One of the signatures was from Bill Weld who plans to oppose Trump in 2020.  I wonder how many have a "D" suffix?  I wonder how they would have voted if Trump had a "D" suffix?

Of course this is all pointless speculation as the opinions of former prosecutors will have as much impact  as mine on the outcome.  It's all irrelevant,  but it gives hope to those desperate folks who feel that all this theater is some form for justice.

By metmike - May 7, 2019, 12:22 p.m.
Like Reply

Turns out, after some checking, that the group behind this is called "Protect Democracy"

What is Protect Democracy?

https://protectdemocracy.org/about/

The Republic at Risk: American Democracy One Year into the Trump Administration

https://protectdemocracy.org/update/republic-at-risk/

PT_Report_Cover for WEB.png

They are an anti Trump activist group that was created (in 2017?) to destroy President Trump. Many of the people that signed here, are also members.  They want you to think those on the petition list are objective and represent the view of all sides.  No, mainly just those that have wanted Trump out of office for over 2 years.......the same ones in  the group with this objective during that entire time frame...............will of course have the opinions expressed in the petition.