Rubio: the AG should resign for being in contempt of Congress; fine, but what about illegal aliens?
0 responses | 1 like
Started by WxFollower - May 9, 2019, 10:10 a.m.

Senator Rubio: “I think that it is outrageous that any Attorney General, Republican or Democrat, refuse to comply with Congress’ Constitutional right to hold them accountable and the Justice department accountable.”

“No one can be above the law, not even the Attorney General of the United States ..in fact, especially the Attorney General of the United States”

“I think an Attorney General held in contempt of Congress  is someone who should resign”

https://mobile.twitter.com/BillKristol/status/1126202268448165888

Two things from this:

1. Rubio clearly thinks the AG should resign due to being held in contempt of Congress because nobody is above the law, especially the AG. I have no reason to disagree with this.

2. On the same token, wouldn’t this also mean that illegal aliens should follow the law since he said “no one can be above the law”?

————————

Gasp. Yes, you’ve read the above two things right. I’m an independent who doesn’t take sides with either party and instead considers each issue on its own merits. Imagine that.

Hypocrisy is one of my biggest pet peeves!

Comments
No replies yet. Be the first!