Stock Market Action Bullish
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - May 10, 2019, 7:30 p.m.

Ok, so the standoff between US/China gets the market on it's heels this week.  But they were talking.  A deal was at least possible.  Then, at the exact moment that they announced talks ending and there is no deal, the market takes off to the upside.

Sell the rumor buy the fact.  Mkt closes on the highs.  Doesn't get much more bullish than that.

Reminds me of gulf war '91.  Every news item for 6 months that implied war caused the market to break.  Then war broke out and we ripped higher.

Comments
By joj - May 10, 2019, 7:31 p.m.
Like Reply

Oops that was supposed to be Trade Related.

By metmike - May 10, 2019, 7:59 p.m.
Like Reply

Your wish is my command!

By TimNew - May 10, 2019, 8:04 p.m.
Like Reply

Thought so too.  but to shift to NTR... I honestly wonder   if Trump has  an agent somewhere buying/selling in the ultimate insider trading scam of the universe? "Hey,  gonna tweet a major market mover tonight,  get short as hell!!!"  I kinda doubt it.  But how many billions could you make if you knew in advance?

Anyway, a week ago,  I said the market had moved too far too fast and neeed a breather.  Then we got the Trump tweet with predictable results.   Market is oversold and the 1st sign of positive news will be very strong.

By MarkB - May 11, 2019, 1:27 a.m.
Like Reply

The talks end basically on the eve of tarrifs on certain goods rising to 25%. Which provides a bullish outlook to the stock market. If only Trump would have included technology products in that increase.