Whatever happened to frey-1999 / truth or dare?
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by JP - May 11, 2019, 11:18 p.m.

It's been quite a while since I recall seeing a thread he started.

Comments
By metmike - May 11, 2019, 11:57 p.m.
Like Reply

frey got booted for repeatedly making inflammatory posts, making things up,calling names.

He actually got his first warning from carl(who told him that things would not go very well for him if he continued on the path that he was taking at the time), after he called metmike a liar, then he doubled down and insisted that metmike was a liar after that............ and got put on probation by me. 

He continued to seek out confrontations with nonsense. He questioned whether the moderator of our forum(me) should be allowed to express opinions when I disagreed with him.

All opinions have always been and will always be welcomed here but they must be expressed without personal attacks, calling names or excessively in a manner to intentionally upset others. 

At least frey, unlike the other 2 banned is not sending numerous email messages calling me names and attacking me and the forum and Trump(like I really care).............which is was the only reason those guys were here.

I actually let it go on for much longer than I should have but being new to the moderator job, was giving some repeat offenders a very wide berth. 

I think that frey had some trading posts and at least made a few positive contributions, unlike the other 2 that are banned for life. 

By JP - May 12, 2019, 6:33 p.m.
Like Reply

I see. May God bless him anyway!

By metmike - May 12, 2019, 9:32 p.m.
Like Reply

Yes, we can all use it.

Actually, related to this and walking the walk if you are a PRACTICING Christian.

It's easy to love(and like) people that are nice to us... and even people that we never interact with but don't ruffle our feathers.

Love our neighbor as ourselves as the expression goes.......not always easy but sometimes, pretty easy to do. 

The REAL challenge is for us to "Love our enemies"

Of course, if you have ever heard that expression, you know where/who it came from.......Jesus. Whether you are a Christian or not, we can all agree that this is extremely hard to do. 

I think literally, it's almost impossible except for the most tolerant, forgiving and loving people when it comes to somebody doing you or your world harm intentionally with no remorse and a continued hate of you and what you represent. 

A black person loving a racist that burned a cross on their lawn?.........or worse with lynchings in the south not that long ago. 

The normal reaction is "an eye for an eye"..........vengeance, hatred. Of course  justice should always apply and those that do or try to do you harm or whose actions repeatedly cause harm......MUST be held accountable for their actions in a civilized world. 

In reality, holding grudges and hating only PUNISHES US. We are making ourselves feel even worse because of what somebody did to us. It's unrealistic to expect people to actually "love" a person that hates us or wants to damage us. It is possible, however for people to distance themselves from that other persons actions, even if we are/were targets or feel offended..........in a way that keeps the hatred from escalating  and growing. 

Bad relationships that get worse are often the result of both people looking for reasons to be offended by the other.

Bad relationships that get better are often the result of just one person looking for reasons to be kind and loving to the other..............which often results in it being returned and at the very least, stops the justification for the other person to be offended.

Wow, sorry for getting so philosophical but then, If I didn't hope that message might not get thru to one person, I would not have just stated it. 

With regards to frey, the reason that he is not here, is not related to whether I liked him or not. I also don't think that he was a bad person.  As moderator, I have to hold people accountable for unacceptable posting that repeats too many times. Then I have to weigh what I feel is their right to express themselves,  with what's fair to ALL posters that come here with an expectation of having respectful discourse. 

By JP - May 12, 2019, 11:02 p.m.
Like Reply

The Lord's Prayer is explicit on the topic of forgiveness:  "... and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us ..."

Easy to say, not so easy to do -- but the prayer makes it clear to believing Christians that they can't expect God to forgive them if they won't forgive others who have wronged them. It's not a religion that's always easy to follow!