Darwin who?
8 responses | 0 likes
Started by carlberky - May 16, 2019, 11:17 a.m.

https://www.science.news/2018-06-10-bombshell-consensus-theory-of-evolution-of-the-species-falls-apart-new-mitochondrial-dna.html

The study was carried out by the University of Basel’s David S. Thaler and The Rockefeller University’s Mark Young Stoeckle. According to the conventional narrative of evolution involving adaption based on genetic mutations and survival of the fittest, one would expect older species and those with big populations spread across the planet to have greater genetic variation. However, the researchers actually found that 90 percent of the animal species have mitochondrial DNA variation that is similarly low.

This study took a different approach than those of the past, which have looked at nuclear DNA. Every animal has DNA in its mitochondria. One of the genes found in mitochondria, COI, is used for DNA barcoding. While nuclear DNA differs dramatically from species to species, animals have the same mitochondrial DNA, making a good basis for comparison.

After analyzing these barcodes across 100,000 species, they discovered strong evidence that almost all animals emerged right around the time humans did. This was because there was no variation in the “neutral” mutations, or slight DNA changes across generations that don’t impact an individual’s odds of survival. The similarity of these neutral mutations to one another can be likened to the rings in a tree in terms of their ability to indicate a species’ approximate age.

How can it be that the vast majority of animal life is approximately the same age, genetically speaking? According to their findings, most – if not all – animal species actually got their start 200,000 years ago with their mitochondrial clock essentially set at zero. This means that the possibility of intelligent design is still very much on the table, despite what Darwinian adherents would have you believe. The Theory of evolution in no way explains origins of life.

Comments
Re: Darwin who?
0 likes
By carlberky - May 16, 2019, 1:05 p.m.
Like Reply

Before anyone else mentions it, I'd like to know what mitochondrial DNA has to say about the fossil record showing Dinosaurs millions of years old.

0 likes
By mcfarmer - May 16, 2019, 1:34 p.m.
Like Reply

“Mitochondrial Eve” is also much misunderstood.

By metmike - May 17, 2019, 11:52 a.m.
Like Reply

Great Article mcfarmer, thanks for a unique view.

Defining Intelligent Design  

https://intelligentdesign.org/

The theory of intelligent design holds that certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection

I find that one of the biggest problems with many things in science, is the portrayal of absolute certainty regarding things that are not knowable with certainty and are just theories, in some cases, speculative theories sold with as much confidence as the laws of gravity.

What can happen is that a theory put in books is taught to young people as a known fact, then they grow up with assumptions that keep them from questioning that fact(which they would do if they knew it was just a theory) and the theory gets solidly programmed into everyones brains. 

By metmike - May 17, 2019, 12:09 p.m.
Like Reply

Am I an advocate for the "theory" of intelligent design"?

You bet and until we can show how life, some how came from completely lifeless entities/objects, which has never happened, then it should be strongly considered. There are numerous other scientific reasons but until somebody creates life from a bunch of gases and rocks, I'll consider it. 

By mcfarmer - May 17, 2019, 12:59 p.m.
Like Reply

I don’t have much problem thinking life came from nothing. It’s hard to get our mind around what can happen with chance and given billions of years.

By metmike - May 17, 2019, 3:39 p.m.
Like Reply

I don't have a problem either in believing that something we don't understand caused life to come from nothing............there's a good chance that this happened by some random occurrence and it ended up turning into a cascading effect with more and more complex developing life forms evolving. There's good scientific reasoning for how this happened.

But there are things that can't be explained by this theory. 

And going back before life, the quintessential puzzling question, how did everything in this massive, expanding universe.............come from nothing.

One can appreciate the amount of deep thinking by hundreds of experts than know 100 times more than me, using scientific principles to come up with the origin of our universe  and big bang theory. I certainly don't have an alternate explanation and accept theirs.

However, these explanations are built on computer model simulations............just like global climate models(that have all been too warm and wrong and won't get adjusted properly). 

There is alot different between simulating the climate of our planet for 100 years and simulating the origins of the universe from almost 14 billion years ago.  Guess which one would seem to be the most challenging and which one should be easier?

Well, they are getting the easier one wrong and another difference is that, unlike the experts on the cosmos,  I clearly know much more then all the so called experts on the atmosphere. That's all I've been doing, all day long for 37 years and my research has been done objectively along with actual observations of the global atmosphere and its effects on the biosphere and life.......... to compare with model predictions................which the modelers, continually  and epic-ally fail to recognize.

I have proven to you over and over that they are wrong about the extreme "climate crisis" things by showing the empirical data and authentic science from my(many hundreds) of data sources. The data is the data...........it's trumps theories and models 100% of the time. I have all the data and show it generously and with loving enthusiasm!

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/27864/

If this is happening in the field of climate science, where I am witness to it.  Why would  other fields of highly speculative science not suffer from similarly biased flaws?

Regardless, this is a wonderful topic that you started mcfarmer!

What Is the Big Bang Theory?

https://www.space.com/25126-big-bang-theory.html

0 likes
By WxFollower - May 17, 2019, 3:59 p.m.
Like Reply

I don't believe that life came from nothing. I can't fathom it.

By metmike - May 17, 2019, 4:59 p.m.
Like Reply

I assume that everybody that believes in God, believes that life did not come from nothing. 

As an objective scientist, considerations outside of religious faith compel me to consider life starting without an intelligent designer................though I really like the theory of Intelligent Design.