Has anyone else noticed?
8 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - May 17, 2019, 9:16 p.m.

In the recent Colorado school shooting perpetrated by a radical leftist Trump hating Obama supporter and a transsexual girl/boy,  the left is blaming bullying instead of guns. And the press is largely silent.

I wonder how this would have gone if one of them had been wearing a MAGA hat like that smirking kid from the private school?

Comments
By GunterK - May 17, 2019, 9:25 p.m.
Like Reply

yes.... this has become quite obvious

By metmike - May 17, 2019, 11:17 p.m.
Like Reply

I was not following this but here's the actual profile(from a right leaning source):

Colorado shooting suspect denounced 'all these Christians who hate gays'

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/colorado-shooting-suspect-denounced-all-these-christians-who-hate-gays

They are clearly mentally ill individuals.

It's just sad that we have so much hatred in our world today and so many venues in the political arena that revolve around it. Intollerance and hate. 

No question that these mentally ill individuals felt hated and judged for who they are and this maybe  played a role in them acting out. The question might be, who convinced them that all these Christians hate gays?

I know a lot of Christians and none of them hate gays. 

But there are some. In fact, there seem to be a surprisingly large number............because I see them on tv. 

By JP - May 17, 2019, 11:37 p.m.
Like Reply

"I know a lot of Christians and none of them hate gays."

Christians, at least the ones I am familiar with, are allowed to hate the sin but not to hate the sinner. And they're certainly not encouraged to judge other's sins: "Judge not, that ye be not judged. [2] For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again."

But you'd never know that based on how the news is typically reported. 

By metmike - May 17, 2019, 11:54 p.m.
Like Reply

While I agree with that one John,  the expression "hate the sin but not the sinner" when applied to the case of a persons sexuality has always made me cringe. 

What it is really saying is "hate the sin and judge the sinner"  because its means that person believes that  a person, let's say one who is involved in same sex marriage is living a sinful lifestyle based on their morals. 

I strongly believe that most people were born that way.  This is based on doing extensive research of the known science and using many observations, including knowing several who are this way.

Christianity teaches some wonderful things but I think that this particular one represents flawed thinking.

By metmike - May 18, 2019, 12:07 a.m.
Like Reply

But judging a person because of (what I think) is flawed thinking does not equate to them hating that person and we all get judged constantly for our actions when they are different than what others believe in.

In this country, right now the group of people being the most harshly judged and targeted  are those that support Trump.

Judged entirely because they support Trump.

The Catholic boy wearing the MAGA hat is the quintessential example. 

If you wear a MAGA hat in liberal land, there's a good chance that you will suffer verbal or even physical abuse in rare cases. This is red neck land in southwest IN, so people don't have to worry about that but if they were to go to my hometown, Detroit and walk around with a Trump MAGA hat in a crowded public area, I would bet money that there would be, at the least, several negative comments or certainly dirty looks, if not worse.

This is based purely on one side hating Trump so much that they will not tolerate others showing support of him. This is hate Trump and hate the person that supports Trump philosophy. 

I don't own a MAGA hat but bought a Trump mask and an Al Gore mask last Halloween. 

My grandkids have the most fun with them. They have no idea who Al Gore is though. 

By JP - May 18, 2019, 10:43 a.m.
Like Reply

What it is really saying is "hate the sin and judge the sinner"

I will have to respectfully disagree; my post even provided a scriptural reference that clearly warns us not to judge others (even if they are obviously engaging in what scripture teaches is sinful behavior).

One analogy I particularly like is that the church in not a place that exists to make bad people good, but rather a place to make (spiritually) sick people well.

That said, I'm sure many would disagree with me!   

By metmike - May 18, 2019, 1:32 p.m.
Like Reply

Point well taken John and it speaks sincerely from your heart.

I guess then, it might be more of a misinterpretation/ bad assumption on my part and for sure by those that "feel" judged by that statement. 

By TimNew - May 18, 2019, 2:08 p.m.
Like Reply

The principles of religion and the practitioners of religion are often at odds. While I am notin doubt that you are correct thatsomejudge the sinner,   the spirit and intent of the religion does not support of condone it.