A turning point...
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by cliff-e - May 20, 2019, 8:42 p.m.
Comments
By TimNew - May 21, 2019, 3:33 a.m.
Like Reply

Yes.  This looks like the beginning of the end for Trump!!!!!

By metmike - May 21, 2019, 12:04 p.m.
Like Reply

"The committee has said the records will help it consider whether to strengthen ethics and disclosure laws, among other things, said Mehta, who was nominated to the bench by President Barack Obama."

Why this sudden interest in looking at ethics and disclosure laws?  Gee, they never had this interest before ............until it could be used to investigate Trump. 

Turning point, beginning of the end, bombshell act #123

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjvRJLUWwFs

A meteorologist forecasting weather could just forecast an outbreak of violent, killer tornadoes every day...........and expect everybody to just  keep believing them, every day for 2.5 years.

By carlberky - May 21, 2019, 1:47 p.m.
Like Reply

The taxes will show unethical and questionable  legal behavior, less taxes paid than Buffet's secretary, and result in a big yawn from Trump's supporters.

After all, he's a businessman, and that's what businessmen do.

By metmike - May 21, 2019, 2:04 p.m.
Like Reply

There's a 0% chance that Trump does his own taxes. Even the smartest guys on the planet, if they have finances like Trump, hire the best tax experts.

Trump, as maybe the top real estate mogul on the planet is going to have complicated and incredibly lengthy tax records that almost nobody files. 

They will have been done by the highest paid tax authorities using the most advantageous tax strategies the law allows.

It would be surprising that they would mess up but possible but understand this, criminal charges could not be filed unless there was an intentional scheme using an illegal dynamic, whose purpose, they could show irrefutably,  was to defraud the government.

When the IRS finds "mistakes" they are normally just interested in having the tax payer pay the money they owe unless, again there was lying and cheating intentionally.

You may refer to Trump's taxes as unethical or not paying his fair share but nobody in their right mind would expect a person in his position to NOT follow the advice of his tax experts, whose job is to save him money. 

That is the job of tax experts that are hired to save people money.

Who hires a tax person and tells them...............figure out the taxes that I owe, then tell me what "my fair share should be so that I can pay that amount and not the amount that I paid you to figure out. 

Mitt Romney got slammed a few years back when he released his taxes for taking advantage of some tax laws that benefit the rich..............because he had good accountants.  

Romney, is MR. Ethical but its just silly to expect people in this income bracket to pay MORE than they owe. How many times did you have a good year and decided to give the government some extra money on April 15th?

What they do with the money is important. Do they contribute to charities?