the ‘happiest of all’ American wives are ‘religious conservatives.
9 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - May 22, 2019, 2:19 a.m.

NY Times runs piece saying the ‘happiest of all’ American wives are ‘religious conservatives.’ Social media loses its mind.    

https://www.theblaze.com/news/ny-times-piece-religious-conservative-wives

The New York Times caused an avalanche of social media anger on Sunday after publishing a report finding that the happiest of all American wives consider themselves religious conservatives.

What did the report say? 

A New York Times Opinion tweet said, "It turns out that the happiest of all wives in America are religious conservatives, followed by their religious progressive counterparts."

The report, titled, "The Ties That Bind: Is Faith a Global Force for Good or Ill in the Family?" from the Institute for Family Studies and the Wheatley Institution, found that women who report above-average satisfaction with their marriages are religious conservative women. 

A portion of the op-ed, which was co-authored by three researchers, stated, "Fully 73 percent of wives who hold conservative gender values and attend religious services regularly with their husbands have high-quality marriages."

mcfarms wife may not be in bliss again until after  he get's his crop planted (-:

Comments
By TimNew - May 22, 2019, 3:43 a.m.
Like Reply

So many comments would work here...   And probably none of them appropriate...  <G>

By carlberky - May 22, 2019, 7:42 a.m.
Like Reply

the ‘happiest of all’ American wives are ‘religious conservatives.

How about this one, Tim ?

… and they are happy to vote just as their husbands tell them.

By TimNew - May 22, 2019, 8:03 a.m.
Like Reply

"and they are happy to vote just as their husbands tell them."

You need to stop believing people like Hillary on these matters, or most matters, for that matter..

Sounds to me like you don't know a lot of religious conservative wives :-) 

By carlberky - May 22, 2019, 9:05 a.m.
Like Reply

Sounds to me like you don't know a lot of religious conservative wives :-)

Yeah, the women I know are  religious and Dems or conservative and not religious.

By joj - May 22, 2019, 10:34 a.m.
Like Reply

There is a difference between happiness and fulfillment.  Between happiness and self actualization.

Back in the day a brilliant woman with CEO potential could, if she wanted, be a teacher or a nurse.

You know who else is happy?  A labrador retriever.

By mcfarm - May 22, 2019, 11:09 a.m.
Like Reply

but labs are always happy....humans, not so much

By metmike - May 22, 2019, 1:01 p.m.
Like Reply

joj,

So  can we  mark you down as being in agreement with the social media comments about the survey,  which is what the article is about?

By joj - May 22, 2019, 4:46 p.m.
Like Reply

I didn't read them initially.  Some of the comments on social media I would agree with and others are mean and untrue.  Why would you make an assumption on anything I might believe other than EXACTLY what I posted?  I stand by my post but I will add this:  I do not judge someone who wants to stay home and raise a family.  It is a very important undertaking and any man or woman who undertakes that has my respect.  Nor do I look scornfully on a woman who wants to have a family and a career as well.  Whether she is religious or an atheist is also fine by me.

By metmike - May 22, 2019, 5:17 p.m.
Like Reply

" Why would you make an assumption on anything I might believe other than EXACTLY what I posted?  I stand by my post but I will add this"

joj,

I did the opposite of assuming anything. 

metmike: "can we  mark you down as being in agreement with the social media comments about the survey,  which is what the article is about?"

Note my comment to you was not a statement but was intentionally posed as a question because I was asking you if that's how you feel, since to me your statement and theirs seemed similar but to be fair, wanted you to elaborate more vs just leaving us with the one liners that lead others into wrong assumptions about what you really believe. 

I wanted YOU to speak for yourself and you did a wonderful, wonderful job of elaborating eloquently and in way that couldn't have been better for respecting both sides.