Interesting facts about evolution May 23, 2019-great one!
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - May 23, 2019, 12:06 p.m.

Darwin did not argue that humans came from monkeys. Rather he wrote only that monkeys, apes, and humans have a common ancestor.

Partner Series                            

Why Haven't All Primates Evolved into Humans?

Why Haven't All Primates Evolved into Humans?

https://www.livescience.com/32503-why-havent-all-primates-evolved-into-humans.html

Humans did not evolve from apes, gorillas or chimps. We are all modern species that have followed different evolutionary paths, though humans share a common ancestor with some primates, such as the African ape.

The timeline of human evolution is long and controversial, with significant gaps. Experts do not agree on many of the start and end points of various species. So this chart involves significant estimates.

To say we are more "evolved" than our hairy cousins is just wrong. (See how long you last naked in the Congo Heartland, and then tell me who's got the evolutionary upper hand.)

Comments
By carlberky - May 23, 2019, 2:35 p.m.
Like Reply

Mike, I am very grateful that you introduced me to "LiveScience" !

By metmike - May 23, 2019, 3:57 p.m.
Like Reply

You are extremely welcome carl.

You are very much like me. Somebody who loves to use the internet to learn new things.

Not just look up  something here or there but to maximize it to vastly increase our knowledge on many, many things. 

And having the opportunity to share it with others, multiplies the benefits!!