Democrats may have to impeach him to have a chance in 2020
1 response | 0 likes
Started by metmike - May 30, 2019, 12:30 a.m.

The man who predicted Trump's victory says Democrats may have to impeach him to have a chance in 2020

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/28/politics/allan-lichtman-donald-trump-2020/index.html

Lichtman, a professor at American University in Washington, DC, was the most prominent voice predicting Donald Trump's victory in the run-up to the 2016 election. When Trump won, it marked the 9th(!) straight presidential election where Lichtman had correctly predicted the Electoral College winner. (That's all the way back to 1984, for you math wizards.)

In short: Lichtman is someone the political world should listen to. So I reached out to him on Tuesday to see what he thought of Trump's current chances at a second term next November. 

Here's what he told me:

"Trump wins again in 2020 unless six of 13 key factors turn against him. I have no final verdict yet because much could change during the next year. Currently, the President is down only three keys: Republican losses in the midterm elections, the lack of a foreign policy success, and the president's limited appeal to voters."

Comments
By metmike - May 30, 2019, 12:43 a.m.
Like Reply

I think that the dems/house does impeach Trump(like 80% chance) because they only need a majority and they have the majority and every dem will vote for impeachment and its an ugly, very divisive scenario that plays out.

Then, when it goes to the house vote, where a 2/3rds majority is needed and the pubs already have a majority, there in a near 0 chance of them getting close to a 2/3rds majority...............and its over.

And everybody absolutely knows this but the point is to try to stain/smear Trumps record as much as possible before the election. A president running for re election in 2020 that was impeached during his current term,  is damaged as far as what the democrats think about how voters will see it.

This could backfire as most people for impeachment are already Trump haters and most people on the fence do not want impeachment and are tired of the continous investigations and attacks and just want cooperation and for our government to work for the people to get things done vs trying to destroy the president and block him from getting things done(so that his effectiveness looks weak when campaigning).