Ebola
1 response | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - June 7, 2019, 9:02 p.m.

As you probably know, there is again an Ebola outbreak in Africa.... the Republic of Congo. More than 900 people have been infected, and almost 600 of them have died.

Ebola is the most feared and the most dangerous virus of our modern times.

If I remember correctly, 2 US medical workers went to Africa, a few years ago, to help treat the infected, and they  brought the virus with them, when they returned to the US. fortunately, early detection and immediate quarantine  prevented a serious outbreak in the US

Well, Africa is far away....but wait... not so fast....

A few days ago the border patrol apprehended more than 100 illegal border crossers in Arizona...all from Africa. If I am not mistaken, some of them were indeed from the Republic of Congo. It is reported that more of them are underway, and not all of them will be apprehended.  This could indeed become ugly.

So, if Ebola shows up in your neighborhood, thank your local Congressperson for helping fight Pres Trump and his efforts to control illegal immigration 

Comments
Re: Ebola
0 likes
By metmike - June 8, 2019, 2:24 a.m.
Like Reply

I have always been under the impression that it's tough to spread the ebola virus but this statement makes it sound a bit more threatening. 

https://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/transmission/index.html