what is a "Fake News" site?
11 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - June 11, 2019, 11 a.m.

Hi, WxFollower,

yesterday, I reported that a few hundred illegal aliens, coming from the Republic of Congo, had been caught in Texas. I linked an article from Infowars , and you responded, saying that infowars is the worst of fake-news offenders and conspiracy theorists.

Out of curiosity,I just scanned the headlines of CNN and MSNBC: .... plenty of impeachment articles… Hillary Clinton giving speeches (on how to get away with “obstruction”… no, just kidding)…. but not a single mention of the above subject.

It seems to me, with Ebola being such a vicious and dangerous disease, it should have at least been mentioned that a few hundred men  coming from the Republic of Congo, a country that is right now experiencing an Ebola epidemic, had been arrested crossing our borders illegally. (we don’t know how many made it through our borders without being detected)

The NYT carried an article about the horrible overcrowding of detention facilities in ElPaso, where some 900 illegals are being detained in a facility that was designed to hold 125. Again… this makes the Ebola story even more important: what if just one Ebola infected person was in this facility????

Infowars, on the other hand, not only reported on this Texas/Ebola issue more than once… they even interviewed one of the migrants who detailed his arduous journey to Mexico.

Summarizing it…. silence in the MSM…. and Inforwars reports with pictures, movies and live-interviews… and then the MSM has the nerve to call Infowars “fake news”

If you want to know about real happenings in the world, it would be a good idea to visit Infowars from time to time. You don't have to like Alex Jones to do so. You don't have to pay attention to his opinions. Sure, many of their articles are biased towards the "conservative" side. However, you will quite often find documented reports on events that you will never see in the MSM, events that you should know about to get a balanced and more realistic picture of our world.

It's a well-established fact that our MSM is not a journalistic industry, but a propaganda machine. And if it makes you feel better.... in Europe the MSM is much worse.

An interesting side note.... when you visit Infowars a few times, you will realize that this so-called conspiracy theorist Alex Jones really cares for this Republic, called the USA, and  that he hates those who are bent on destroying it. Nothing wrong with that, IMHO

Comments
By WxFollower - June 11, 2019, 2:08 p.m.
Like Reply

Sorry, Gunter, but when I see the name Alex Jones or Infowars, all I see is this, which comes from a reputable website that is from all indications down the middle as they have rated a good number of sites on BOTH sides as extreme and not to be trusted:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/infowars-alex-jones/

"Overall, InfoWars/Alex Jones is a crackpot, tin foil hat level conspiracy website that also strongly promotes pseudoscience. The amount of fake news and debunked conspiracy claims, as well as extreme right wing bias, renders InfoWars a non-credible source on any level."

----------------------------------------------------------

Here are just 2 examples of total wacko-ness that are enough to kill any credibility they might have had:

https://www.prisonplanet.com/911’s-accomplices-vie-for-us-presidency-obama-and-mccain-campaigns-fan-‘war-on-terrorism’-hysteria.html

"9/11’s accomplices vie for US presidency: Obama and McCain campaigns fan ‘war on terrorism’ hysteria"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.infowars.com/hurricane-sandy-divine-wind-for-obama/

"Hurricane Sandy: Divine Wind for Obama"

"If the research conducted by HaarpStatus.com is correct, the government (or factions within) are manipulating the ionosphere and driving Sandy into the East Coast to create chaos and Katrina-like post storm conditions that will have significant political ramifications during the November 6th election."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gunter, I assume you're way too smart to fall for this nonsense. I mean I'd believe CNN and MSNBC way before believing InfoWars and/or Alex Jones.

By mcfarm - June 11, 2019, 3:45 p.m.
Like Reply

"extreme right wing bias"   gotta love that phrase because it means so much

By metmike - June 11, 2019, 4:03 p.m.
Like Reply

As an operational meteorologist/atmospheric scientist, I will say with extraordinarily high confidence that the report on the government steering or affecting Hurricane Sandy using HARP is completely bogus. 

Almost all the scary stuff we hear about HARP is fake news.

Really fake news with no scientific basis to support it. 

By carlberky - June 11, 2019, 4:51 p.m.
Like Reply

It is hard to hear the truth from people who get paid to distort it.

Sean S Kamali    

Is it fake news if the MSM ignores a "story" that is only a "What if ... "?

carl berkowitz

By mcfarm - June 11, 2019, 9:04 p.m.
Like Reply

https://babylonbee.com/news/cnn-launch-real-news-spinoff-site

if cnn is not and has been fake for years why is this change necessary?

By metmike - June 11, 2019, 9:18 p.m.
Like Reply

I'm not sure if you realize what the Babylon Bee does mcfarm, which is satire but of all of their satirical stories, the one that you just linked to is my favorite!   Thanks!

They take truths about a situation, entity or realm and make up a story with a funny twist to play off of it. 

The Babylon Bee

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Babylon_Bee

Satire

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satire

Although satire is usually meant to be humorous, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit to draw attention to both particular and wider issues in society.

A feature of satire is strong irony or sarcasm—"in satire, irony is militant"[2][3]—but parody, burlesque, exaggeration,[4] juxtaposition, comparison, analogy, and double entendre are all frequently used in satirical speech and writing. This "militant" irony or sarcasm often professes to approve of (or at least accept as natural) the very things the satirist wishes to attack.

By TimNew - June 12, 2019, 3:53 a.m.
Like Reply

Is it fake news if the MSM ignores a "story" that is only a "What if ... "?

carl berkowitz

Using that as a standard,  the majority of the Trump investigation should have been ignored.

By carlberky - June 12, 2019, 12:41 p.m.
Like Reply

Republican and Democrat are simply two different factions of the same ruling party, and their congressional battles are primarily over political spoils, not political ideology.

Vox Day

By silverspiker - June 12, 2019, 2:14 p.m.
Like Reply

550 African migrants were just caught in Texas. DHS head says they aren’t being screened for Ebola

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/550-african-migrants-just-caught-texas-dhs-head-says-arent-screened-ebola/

By silverspiker - June 12, 2019, 2:26 p.m.
Like Reply

Brian Kolfage

Brian Kolfage

@BrianKolfage

Triple Amputee | Architect of the wall #USAF | Cofounder @MilGradeCoffee|Arizona alum | #GoFundTheWall | We Build The Wall Inc. President/Founder

================================================================

The International Boundary and Water Commission (IBWC) 

The gate of a private half-mile border wall constructed in New Mexico was ordered Monday to stay open after officials said it was built on federal land without a permit.

Most of the private wall built over Memorial Day weekend by triple-amputee Air Force veteran Brian Kolfage’s nonprofit group is on private land, but the International Boundary and Water Commission (IBWC) stepped in after the group started building the barrier’s gate on federal property in early June.

“‘We Build the Wall’ did not receive a permit to construct a gate on federal property,” IBWC spokeswoman Lori Kuczmanski told KVIA. “They think they can build now and ask questions later, and that’s not how it works.”

The gate blocked officials from accessing a levee and dam and also cut off public access to a historic monument, IBWC officials said, according to BuzzFeed News.

The federal agency placed a lock on the gate to ensure it stays open.

Kolfage aggressively shot back at the IBWC’s order on Twitter, saying the agency is a “fine example of over reach” and alleged, without evidence, that it is “planning for mass invasion.”

....IBWC LOCKED THE GATE "OPEN".... W.T.F.

========================================================================================

....Mr. President, Respectfully, what good does any wall do, when there is someone opening doors to allow a Trojan Horse to enter? Dismantle the IBWC. No more illegal invaders! Keep America and her citizens secure!

Brian Kolfage

By silverspiker - June 12, 2019, 2:28 p.m.
Like Reply

Republican and Democrat are simply two different factions of the same ruling party, and their congressional battles are primarily over political spoils, not political ideology.

Vox Day

berky ....

.... yep .... hypothesis is ...all are a bunch of lyin' thievin whores.... dude .... alll of them .....    yep ....