America's Word is Worthless
19 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - May 9, 2018, 6:41 a.m.

Not only to Iran, but to our European allies.  But we knew that when we elected him....

Comments
By mcfarm - May 9, 2018, 7:08 a.m.
Like Reply

look Jack we had a President who was responsible for supplying the world's largest sponsor of terror with over a billion dollars,,,not only that, in the dead of night, in cash, in varying money forms, all by Irans demand.......and somehow you think we need not correct this mess? You want to respond to the families of dead Americans that this cash funded their deaths? Go ahead this ought to be worth a laugh

By Vandenplas - May 9, 2018, 8:26 a.m.
Like Reply

The so called billion dollars was Iran's money deposited in a US bank.  They just withdrew it.  

By mcfarm - May 9, 2018, 9:39 a.m.
Like Reply

so called billion was actually 1.5 billion and don't you think in a bank might of been a better place for it than in the hands of raging terroists who killed
Americans with it.....would that not sound reasonable even to a none thinker like you?

By Vandenplas - May 9, 2018, 11:44 a.m.
Like Reply

It was Iran's money not yours nor mine.  Banks are just that, banks.  They keep your money, in this case Iran's, safe.  When the owner wants it the banks deliver.

If it were my money, I'd have moved to New Zealand long ago.  

By GunterK - May 9, 2018, 12:46 p.m.
Like Reply

Disclosure: I am not necessarily a Trump supporter, a “Trumptard”, as they are lovingly called on this forum. However, let’s step back for a moment and look at the big picture….

Trump is following through on just about all of his campaign promises…. Something we are not used to from our politicians. IMHO, he was elected, because he was different. 

We heard him bad-mouth the Iran agreement in 2016. Therefore this current withdrawal should not be a surprise. Therefore, this withdrawal seems to me to be the will of the People.

In foreign politics, Trump quite obviously has had no previous experience. Diplomacy? None! Not shaking Merkel’s hand and brushing dandruff of Macron’s suit…. rude.

Yet, his very undiplomatic and aggressive behavior towards NK has produced a historical event that no previous US president was able to achieve.

Should the US really be polite and bend backwards, catering to “death to America” Iran?

I have no idea what the next few weeks will bring us. On the other hand, Iran would have probably continued its quest for nukes, after the originally planned expiration of the agreement. Might as well face this issue now.

Back to the vastly more important issues........will Stormy run in the presidential election of 2020? 

By Vandenplas - May 9, 2018, 1:50 p.m.
Like Reply

Al Capone kept his promises.  So did Stalin.  And Hitler.  And Isabella and Ferdinand.

By mcfarm - May 9, 2018, 2:03 p.m.
Like Reply

you might have to do some research but I am pretty sure none of the socialpaths you listed were ever elected to anything .....and do not try to say Hitler was elected. Once you are elected in a fair election, and Trump was, you then have won and get to push your policies....something the left cannot get thru there heads

By TimNew - May 10, 2018, 10:55 a.m.
Like Reply

It's really fun to watch.

Al Capone kept his promises. Trump Keeps his promises.  Trump = All Capone

Stalin kept his promises. Trump keeps his promises. Trump = Stalin.

Hitler kept his promises. Trump Keeps his promises.  Trump = Hitler.

And from an earlier post.

Hitler did good things for Germany.  Trump does good things for the US.  Trump = Hitler.

Does anyone know the actual term for these logical fallacies? 

By JP - May 10, 2018, 11:26 a.m.
Like Reply

I know, I know!!! Idiocies!

Actually, I believe they are called Fallacies of False Equivalence. 

By Vandenplas - May 10, 2018, 8:08 p.m.
Like Reply

You have shown how you and all the other born again, right wingers think:  If one plus one equals two, then one and one  also equals three.  And that is why you and they need to spend so much time in church.

By mcfarm - May 10, 2018, 8:53 p.m.
Like Reply

born again right wingers.......had to laugh, wonder just how many born again left wingers there are, especially buried deep in a fox hole with bombs flying all about.....right, many more than you realize

By Vandenplas - May 10, 2018, 9:07 p.m.
Like Reply

Depends on how good looking the fox is.

By TimNew - May 11, 2018, 3:27 a.m.
Like Reply

I must apologize Vandy.  I know how much you hate it when I repeat what you say..  But I went ahead and did it anyway...

By Vandenplas - May 11, 2018, 5:41 a.m.
Like Reply

You mean kinda like when I repeat what you say?  For example, when you said, I  had a stirring in my loins when I was six, for the little neighborhood girl?"

I know you must hate it when I do this, but I did it anyway.  And I apologize.

I know my apology will make you feel better.

By TimNew - May 11, 2018, 9:46 a.m.
Like Reply

LOL Vandy.   It bothers me not in the least.  It should bother you that you have fixated on this for years...

But I know it doesn't ..

By Vandenplas - May 11, 2018, 9:50 a.m.
Like Reply

People of little consequence bothers me not.  But you and they keep trying.  You must like beating your head against a brick wall because it will feel so good when you quit. 

By joj - May 11, 2018, 3:57 p.m.
Like Reply

Yes Gunter,

I agree with you that Trump's actions since becoming president are similar to his behavior before the election.  

He's a liar.  

He continues to lie.

He breaks his word with countless business dealings. (see hundreds of lawsuits)

He breaks America's word (with Europe).

The one area he is really betraying ALL of his supporters is the drain the swamp mantra.

Carson using tax payer money to buy furniture in the tens of thousands.

Pruitt for EPA spending ridiculous amounts of tax payer money on frills and "security".

Pay to play (Cohen in the news again)

From what I've been told by a DC player, the swamp is swampier than ever.

As for the Hitler thing....  No one, including Vandy, says Trump=Hitler.  

Hitler was a murderer.   Trump is not.

But it does NOT therefore follow that they had nothing in common.  

Lying propaganda, loyalty to the cult figure and not to the constitution, destroy all institutions that get in their way.

As for "facing the Iran nuclear issue now" being preferable.  In my opinion that is a grave mistake.  An organization called Cure Violence has saved countless lives by getting enemy gang members into the same room and getting them to agree not to kill each other "yet".  That delay has reduced violence by over 80%.  When cooler heads prevail violence is averted.  

So tell me again, why is it a good thing to pull out now and isolate ourselves from our democratic allies?

By mcfarm - May 11, 2018, 6:15 p.m.
Like Reply

seriously? you want us to explain to you why it would be a better path to curb the financial  well being of a rogue country that daily chants "death to America"....well ok then...just for kicks do you have any memory of 9-11 and what happened that day?

By Vandenplas - May 11, 2018, 7:26 p.m.
Like Reply

Uh, nearly all of the 9-11 killers were from Saudi Arabia, not Iran.

It must hurt to lose yet another argument with an idiot.