ohio rain
12 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - June 15, 2019, 6:28 p.m.

https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=860507&mid=7560781#M7560781    forecast for Ohio....guess where that rain is coming from, just to the west

Comments
Re: ohio rain
0 likes
By metmike - June 15, 2019, 7:08 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks mcfarm!

I think they have the heaviest rains a bit too far north but would not be surprised to see places down here in S.In to S.OH get 6 inches of rain over the next week. 

By pll - June 15, 2019, 8:02 p.m.
Like Reply

We got pounded here in Cent IL 3.25" ponds everywhere

By Jim_M - June 15, 2019, 8:44 p.m.
Like Reply

Here in NE Ohio, it rained hard on Thursday.  Friday was absolutely beautiful, but cool.  Rained last night.  Cloudy all morning into this afternoon, in the 60's.  Currently raining again.  My feet are starting to web together.  

0 likes
By buck1400 - June 15, 2019, 11:11 p.m.
Like Reply

Over 2.5" so far this evening in wc ohio.

ETA: Also recorded my highest rainfall rate this year at 7.02"/hr

By Jim_M - June 16, 2019, 8:01 a.m.
Like Reply

The rain woke me up at 11:45 last night, it was coming down so hard.  At 1am it was still raining hard, then the power went out.  Even if a farmer wanted to plant here and there was no more rain in the forecast he wouldn’t be able to drive his tractor in a field until Wednesday.

0 likes
By tjc - June 16, 2019, 1:35 p.m.
Like Reply

NC Ill    Two inches of rain stating at midnight until 4am Sunday

First time PP--no corn

Beans were planted Wed.  Now soaked

Doubt any more planting of beans in this area until Wednesday--But rain forecasted

By metmike - June 16, 2019, 3:49 p.m.
Like Reply

Here is Southwest IN, Vanderburgh co. around 15 miles north of the Ohio River, we've had 3 rains since Friday night with a total of .02 inches.

All just sprinkles to wetting the ground as the storms stayed north..............but have shifted south today as expected.

Rain this month has been .75 below average. We also had some hot/dry weather in May, being closer to the heat ridge in the Southeast, along with around average rains, mainly from 2 closely spaced events, so from what I can tell, planting is about done here.......it was on the 15 fields that I saw the last week.

The earlier planted corn is around 2 feet high now compared to many years with timely planting, when we would be tassling by the end of June. 

We would actually welcome a nice inch or 2 of rain down here(where its been the driest.). 

5-6 inches, no thanks and with rain chances for the next week, I'll bet the dry spots will be no more in a week. 

I think the rain zone will continue to affect Southern to Central IN/OH and S.IL the most  next several days with the northern parts of those states least affected.......this may shift back north though as the week goes, just depending on the position of a stalled front. 

By bowyer - June 16, 2019, 6:26 p.m.
Like Reply

Here in WC illinois, the rains pretty much ended the beginning of June. We had 1/4 inch in 15 days. Got everything planted in pretty good conditions although a month late. We were actually needing a good rain and got a half inch last night. I really feel for you guys that are still getting the rain and can't get into the fields.

By pll - June 16, 2019, 8:15 p.m.
Like Reply

WE ended up with 4.5-6 here in ECILL for the weekend . Radar estimates dont show it but water standing  everywhere

By Jim_M - June 16, 2019, 9:21 p.m.
Like Reply

6 years I have lived in my current house.  The main road by my house is called....wait for it...Main st.  :)

I have traveled hundreds of times in 6 years.  It’s closed today due to flooding.  I have never seen that before.

By metmike - June 16, 2019, 11:30 p.m.
Like Reply

3.7 inches of rain here the last 5 hours and a lightning hit that took out my computers power supply, so down to posting on an IPad with basic info.

By Jim_M - June 17, 2019, 4:58 a.m.
Like Reply

It’s 5 in the morning and I have been listening to it rain for 90 minutes now.  My phone alert just went off, flash flood warnings until 9:45 am.  What a surprise.