does anyone comprehend the immensity of these numbers?
9 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - June 16, 2019, 9:49 p.m.

During the month of May, 144,000 people were arrested, trying to cross the border illegally.

676,000 have been arrested since the beginning of the year, an increase of almost 100%

Does anybody comprehend the immensity of these numbers???

Think about it….

Dayton, OH…pop.140,000

Ft. Lauderdale…pop. 181,000

Vancouver, WA…pop. 181,000

Syracuse, NY….pop. 141,000

If you totally evacuated any of the following major cities in the US, none of these cities would be large enough to hold those illegals arrested in 2019, so far….

Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Minneapolis, Miami, Baltimore, Portland, Milwaukee, Oklahoma City….to name just a few

This is total insanity. And these are the illegals who were caught. Nobody knows, how many actually made it through. And, don’t forget, the ones caught will be released into the US

When is somebody going to stand up and stop this?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/new-border-surge-prompts-10-jump-in-2019-prediction-to-1-072-000-illegal-immigrants

Comments
By mcfarmer - June 16, 2019, 10:49 p.m.
Like Reply

Why the big increases recently ?

By GunterK - June 17, 2019, 12:26 a.m.
Like Reply

why the big increases?

My guess:

in the old days, illegals tried to cross the borders at night, without being detected. Word has gotten around that today,  all you have to do is, go up to the border patrol, and say "here I am, feed me, I want asylum", and they take down your name and let you in.

By metmike - June 17, 2019, 1:02 a.m.
Like Reply

I think this is part of it Gunter. Word is out that the US is not stopping these people.

But there must be much more to it. These people are walking a distance of over 1,600 miles.....similar to a walk from s.Texas to minneanapolis, with just the clothes on their backs. Walking 20 miles a day for 80 days in a row burns a tremendous amount of calories and in the heat down there, would triple the amount of water they need daily.

Where is all of this coming from to provide sustenance to a million people?

They aren’t living off the land and could only lug along a small fraction of the food and H2O they will consume in 3 months.

So there must be some big organised entities that are prompting these people to leave with promises and direction as well as providing them with sustenance along thee way or they would fail/perish. 

They must be people/entities that want to harm the US.  Some of these travers, especially women and children are being used and abused. 

By wglassfo - June 17, 2019, 2:59 a.m.
Like Reply

I have seen photos of motorized caravans, mostly buses but some trucks with people being transported along, with this kind of help. Also some trains with people aboard.

My guess and only my guess

Mexico can not stop the people crossing their southern border as the numbers are too great and killing them is not an option

So they speed them along to get them out of Mexico. Mexico could not handle this massive influx of people. So they hand the problem off to the americians

This is why Trump is so frustrated with Mexico

By 7475 - June 17, 2019, 6:17 a.m.
Like Reply

Mike and Wayne,

It has been obvious that "outside" help is at play here. Many would perish during a migration of 1600  (?) miles or so under conditions that have been mentioned. That many, that long,that heat,no facilities- c'mon,who's zooming who?!!

Why haven't these points been emphasized by the conservative news factions or anti immigration factions or the wall people? It's just so obvious.

John

Edit: Not to mention that the news sources are showing pictures of the various caravans and those travelers sure dont look as though they are wearing clothes that have been slept -in ,sweated -in and who knows what else -in ,,,,

for two weeks!    Huh?

By metmike - June 17, 2019, 7:38 a.m.
Like Reply

You might be right wayne. Mexico has been motivated to help them speed thru their country because they don't want them. 

There is just a ton of missing information about the dynamics of what's going on, starting from before they leave Central America.....until they arrive, breaking into the United States, where we have some stats on the ones that we catch and become part of our system.

By TimNew - June 17, 2019, 7:43 a.m.
Like Reply

The logistics involved in moving that many people that many miles through inhospitable terrain is massive and organized.  Without it, the deserts would be littered with corpses. 

This is an invasion.

By mcfarm - June 17, 2019, 10:58 a.m.
Like Reply

and the dems are sure helping with the constant "what crisis at the boarder" daily scream

By wglassfo - June 19, 2019, 1:46 a.m.
Like Reply

Thought I would add a bit to this post

I read recently that a small number of immigrants have come from Africa and succeeded in crossing the border

Now anybody with a lick of sense has to know those people had help. Financial help comes to mind. If they had the money to do this on their own dime, why would they be motivated to come to the USA

I really think some body is providing a huge amount of financial help, plus Mexico wanting to move these people along into the USA

Trump is correct

It is a crisis.

I can tell you for a fact, if this influx of migrants continues for much longer, you will have a different country with different laws and different people in Congress making  laws, you will not like.