trump and china etc
7 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - June 17, 2019, 2:49 p.m.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2019/06/15/president-trump-outwits-chairman-xi-jinping-ahead-of-g20-summit/

you guys can complain and whine until the cows come home but on occasion tariffs do work.....look how fast Mexico moved, china economy failing, Iran is acting out for lib support because the evil US has finally clamped down on those terrorist. Inother words we should care about our boarders, our safety, china once thought to control the worlds economy and 5E, the Us being energy independent, new judges actually judging and not writing new law. Trumps foolish behavior is a minor inconvenience compared to the big picture

Comments
By fullett - June 17, 2019, 4:38 p.m.
Like Reply

Tariffs have never worked it just a tax on the companies who  pass it on to the consumer

China's economy has been weak  for a while now the sanctions did very little . in fact if you look at bond pricing and the yield curve and our economy  has weakened the past few months thus the possible rate cut this Wednesday.

Gary

By WxFollower - June 17, 2019, 4:46 p.m.
Like Reply

Welcome back, Gary! 

By fullett - June 17, 2019, 4:58 p.m.
Like Reply

Thank you for awhile I couldnt log in and I tried today and was sucessful

Gary

By mcfarm - June 17, 2019, 6:06 p.m.
Like Reply

right you are Gary, nothing ever works til it does....maybe you are thinking we ought to send Iran a few more billion to build more bombs to kill more US soldiers under the pretense of "cooperating"

By fullett - June 17, 2019, 6:18 p.m.
Like Reply

McFarm

Not sure i mentioned Iran i was talking tariffs an the US economy slowing

I am Not sure tariffs have ever worked or will work as it just a tax on the consumer is that what you are advocating?

though Past president have sold weapons to Iran i do believe

By mcfarm - June 17, 2019, 6:28 p.m.
Like Reply

No you did not mention Iran, I did along with a long list other reasons why Trump has succeeded. I said tariffs have worked in this case. In fact just the very threat of tariffs got Mexico's attention over nite. China is being squeezed whether you admit it or not. And just like the Meuller report there many many Americans who run to another topic as soon as the China deal is complete.

By Jim_M - June 17, 2019, 7:29 p.m.
Like Reply

This conversation is getting a little sideways.  But before Mike shuts it down, I would offer my opinion.  The trade deficit with China can’t continue.  For multiple administrations we have been hearing getting tough on China and nothing changes.  At some point, you have to do something, even if it is wrong.  We aren’t sure what Trump is doing is wrong yet.  But this does get people’s attention.  We can’t keep sending our manufacturing off shore.  People need to work.  Automation is stealing a big majority of jobs, we don’t need to send the rest to Asian companies.  Welfare and handouts can only support so many people.  Someone has to make money to pay taxes to pay for these programs, though politicians seem to think this money comes out of thin air.  At least Trump is doing something and for that, he gets my support.