gold
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by bear - June 24, 2019, 5:31 p.m.

there are a couple things i find interesting.

of course gold is going up during june, which is normally its weakest month.  

but also... many of the gold stocks have a gap in the last couple weeks.   so at some point they may try to fill those gaps,  or they may go up for quite awhile before turning back down.  possibly they could go up, and create a gap, then another gap, then another gap, but......

sooner or later, most gaps do get filled.   

Comments
Re: gold
0 likes
By metmike - June 24, 2019, 5:49 p.m.
Like Reply

"sooner or later, most gaps do get filled. "

And very often, when a gap is filled, it marks an exhaustion of the move, which means the enthusiastic buying or selling that led to prices jumping above or below the previous range(gap) on the following trading bar, then continuing in that direction(unfilled gap)...........has dried up.

Re: Re: gold
0 likes
By metmike - June 24, 2019, 5:52 p.m.
Like Reply

These charts are not the best and will not show gaps but Wow, look at the move up!

Re: gold
0 likes
By joj - June 25, 2019, 5:48 a.m.
Like Reply

I find the observation of "most gaps get filled" to be misleading.  If you think about it, most prices of ANY kind get traded at over and over.  That is one of the reasons why 90% of all options expire worthless.  Most of the time, markets aren't going anywhere.

Pick any 6 month daily chart.  Roughly a 132 bars.  How many of those 132 bars never traded again?  It is uncommon.  But it does happen.  There is still a gap in gold between $35/oz and $38/oz.  I don't expect that gap to get filled.

Re: Re: gold
0 likes
By metmike - June 25, 2019, 11:07 a.m.
Like Reply

Great comment joj!