Ohio rain
1 response | 0 likes
Started by Jim_M - June 25, 2019, 10:19 a.m.

Good morning everyone.  If you have read some of my posts, you know I have been going on about Ohio rain for the last 2-3 weeks.  

The rain seemingly never ends (it poured again last night) and I have to believe that it rained 12 out of 14 days.  But numbers are numbers.  I have pictures to illustrate just how bad it has been.  These are pictures taken at Lock 4 in Canal Fulton.  

http://www.deadohio.com/lockfour.htm

You'll see in one picture what looks to be a boat ramp.  That is actually the driveway to the parking lot that is under 3 feet of water.  In another picture, you will see the very top of 2 benches and one of those bronze park plaques.  These pictures are just from a couple days ago and after the water had receded.  

The water is probably 8 ft over where it normally is.  Parts of Erie road between Canal Fulton and Massillon were closed due to the flooding.  

Comments
Re: Ohio rain
0 likes
By metmike - June 25, 2019, 10:53 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Jim,

At least the pattern has shifted. Definitely not dry, there will still be clusters of showers tracking from northwest to southeast that come thru but at least the magnitude should decrease and temperatures will be warming up.

The wet soils are a problem because they tend to recycle the moisture.