China halts Canadian meat imports
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - June 26, 2019, 10:49 a.m.

China halts Canadian meat imports over fake certificates

https://www.dw.com/en/china-halts-canadian-meat-imports-over-fake-certificates/a-49356960

China said on Tuesday that it will turn away all meat shipped from Canada after a customs investigation revealed as many as 188 "counterfeit" veterinary health certificates, the Chinese embassy in Canada said in a statement on its website.

China launched the probe after inspectors found residue from ractopamine, a restricted feed additive, in a batch of Canadian pork products.

"In order to protect the safety of Chinese consumers, China has taken urgent preventative measures and requested the Canadian government to suspend the issuance of certificates for meat exported to China since June 25," the statement said.

Ractopamine, a feed additive that boosts the growth of animals, is banned in China as well as the European Union, but widely used in the United States.

Comments
By Jim_M - June 26, 2019, 3:55 p.m.
Like Reply

I saw that story, now if the weather would stay nice enough for the US market to start grilling up those ribs, we might get a rally.  Price action has been pretty disappointing given the increased exports to China.  

By wglassfo - June 27, 2019, 4:23 a.m.
Like Reply

At the request of the USA we arrest that lady the minute she is on Canadian soil

we are in the process of sending her your way to face criminal charges

Your president wants to ban the sale of their product in western countries

Your president has insulted every western ally, yet asks for this help

In the meantime we have two Canadians arrested and jailed on charges of spying, after the arrest of the lady 

Further, China has decided to not buy any Canadian canola, a major western Canada cash crop

Now we have our meat exports to china halted. We might be guilty on that count but china refuses to meet with us to resolve the problem

And all you care is if the price of your meat goes up

Who has suffered the most trying to help you

Now, perhaps we wish we did not arrest that lady, but what is done is done and we live with it, even if you don't care

Trump wants the sale of all their products banned in the western world

After seeing what happened to us, and your cavalier attitude, there is considerable push back against your country

I agree the sale of these products should not be in western homes, They are highly dangerous., and I don't know 1/2 the story behind these products. I know I should now more but how much can a person know and how much do you trust your leaders about spy ware technology???

It hurts when you rejoice in our misfortune and your hoped for profit, at our expense