Schindler’s List
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - June 29, 2019, 10:42 p.m.

Just started watching it with Deb.

Anybody ever watch this movie? What did you think?

Looks pretty good from the reviews. 

Comments
By WxFollower - June 30, 2019, 1:34 a.m.
Like Reply

Mike,

This is one of the best movies I’ve ever seen. Kudos to director Spielberg. It also has great performances by Fiennes and Neeson, which made them well-known. In addition, Kingsley had another solid performance.

By metmike - June 30, 2019, 1:27 p.m.
Like Reply

I agree Larry on this being a great movie.

The strangest thing about us watching this one is that Deb picked it. This is way different than the typical movie/show that she watches.

When we watch things together, she always makes the picks and I can change them to something different if there are several choices.

Whatever movie we watch, even some crummy ones, I usually decide to have whatever frame of mind is required to enjoy it(even if I criticize it frequently).

With Schindler's list, during the first 60% I did not have it near the top of my favorite movies. It was very, very depressing and though I have spent a great deal of time reading about and seeing pictures of the Holocaust and am fascinated when learning more, we often go to movies as sort of an escape that gives us the ability to temporarily connect positively to characters in the story. 

It just seemed to be so dead end and sad...............but in retrospect, that was perfect because it fit the reality of the frame of mind that set up the viewer for progress in the end.

The last 30% or so was captivating and powerful and catipulted it to near the top for me and certainly one of the most memorable because there has never been a movie like this one. 

When they trained all the women to the concentration camp by mistake it caused us to think the worst and be set up for them getting rescued/saved which provided the quinnessential good feeling and happy ending type saga that we like to experience at the end of our movies. 

By carlberky - June 30, 2019, 7:31 p.m.
Like Reply

https://www.independent.co.uk › Culture › Film › Features
Here are all 32 of Spielberg's feature-length movies ranked from worst to best, according to Business Insider. 

6. " Duel" (1971) 5. " Raiders of the Lost Ark" (1981) 4. " E.T. The Extra Terrestrial" (1982) 3. " Schindler's List" (1993) 2. " Close Encounters of the Third Kind" (1977) 1. " Jaws" (1975)

I highly recommend " Duel " which was made in 1971 and put Spielberg on the map.

By 12345 - July 1, 2019, 1:09 a.m.
Like Reply

I've started to watch it, countless times. I can't ever get passed the first 15 minutes, I get too 'caught up' in it. :(  

Such evil!