Quotes for July 11, 2019-Leon Spinks
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - July 11, 2019, 11:05 p.m.

American-Athlete  Born: July 11, 1953

I got hit a lot. I'm glad I lived through it. Leon Spinks

I know a lot of people think I'm dumb. Well, at least I ain't no educated fool. Leon Spinks

Well, I'm still breathing. Leon Spinks

I still am champion in my own right. Leon Spinks

You can't do nothing but try if you still got it in your heart. Leon Spinks

I have no regrets. Leon Spinks

I love helping the kids. Leon Spinks

God gave me the strength to see, and breathe, and talk. Leon Spinks

Comments
By metmike - July 11, 2019, 11:11 p.m.
Like Reply

Interesting stories with him.

Leon Spinks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leon_Spinks

When his brother Michael Spinks defeated Larry Holmes in a controversial upset for the IBF heavyweight championship in 1985, they became the only brothers to have held world heavyweight championships.

By carlberky - July 12, 2019, 12:23 a.m.
Like Reply

Ouch!

Leon Spinks

https://theshadowleague.com/golden-gloves-the-greatest-boxing-team-in-olympic-history/

The 1976 U.S. Olympic boxing team is considered by many to be the greatest fight squad in the history of the Summer Games. The team would not only win five gold medals, a silver and a bronze, it would also produce five future world champions, including three heavyweight champs and two Hall of Famers.

No other fighter carried “rock star-like" presence with his personality and youthful look than Sugar Ray. The Spinks brothers were also huge stars in their own right. With Michael Spinks upsetting Larry Holmes to win the heavyweight championship in 1985, and brother Leon upsetting Muhammad Ali to win the title in just his eight professional fight, the legend was established. 

By metmike - July 12, 2019, 1:11 a.m.
Like Reply

Ouch!

Leon Spinks

Yeah, that's how I always thought about Leon Spinks..........the neanderthal looking(with missing teeth), not so bright guy but then, today when I saw that it was his birfthday(my youngest son turned 29 today) and noted a bunch his wonderful quotes, I came away with a favorable impression of him as a person..

By silverspiker - July 14, 2019, 11:21 p.m.
Like Reply

..... alwaysw nice too have birthdays', there Carl & Mike ....   

=== D'S(hpinc-edi\crYlceierlTys'  o'f Li'elneouscorc/ioeiaO\s2Y   ....  

+++===|||??? ... Leon Spinks was one hell of a fighting warrior who fought merclessly until his death 

.....   with a kind ,loving spirit of a teacher     ......   Ama(e)n