Comments
By metmike - July 14, 2019, 8:22 p.m.
Like Reply

Thank you bear!

By silverspiker - July 14, 2019, 10:59 p.m.
Like Reply

...... tip of the hat to you too bear  .... from the ......

----     Sizzily Grizzily, Bushbelly CornbreadillilliTat/IEY Bell-Bottom bRickled' sHIilipe'e'ReilateriearyIty

By wglassfo - July 15, 2019, 4:28 a.m.
Like Reply

Perhaps somebody could explain the oil and int rate mentioned in the above post

Is this an accepted truth worthy of watching or??

I never heard that before but I don't hear a lot of stuff.

I hear about inflation, employment numbers, economic activity, world trade, china etc. but never oil

I have put my faith in the fed following through with an int rate cut or perhaps the Fed "put" might also be of some interest, or steady as she goes nothing, up or down

None the less I have an out standing short term [5 yrs] 100,000.00 loan on floating int rates

I have not forgotten the days of 22% int and Paul Volker, thus my aversion to floating

This time I decided I paid a lot of extra money [in the past] on  higher rates for the security of fixed rates for 10- 15 yr loans to buy land

My 1st floating rate in many yrs

I am also aware of rapid inflation which has it's own set of rules, but hopefully that is not in the near future

This oil thing is a new one to me, but logical if one thinks about it for a bit

By bear - July 17, 2019, 4:38 p.m.
Like Reply

this may just be a fakeout.  

XOM has been in a downtrend for 5 years.  to convince me that commodities in general are headed higher,  i would want to see exxon break out of this downtrend,  not just see a little jump in oil.  

and FCX is still rolling over.   freeport needs to jump up out of this pattern.  copper has not yet shown a serious reversal to run higher.  

if gold continues higher, but commodities break down,  that is a Very Bad sign.   which means 10 yr rates will head lower, not higher.