I would go back where I came from...
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - July 17, 2019, 6:19 p.m.

But all of my ancestors are dead.

They were wiped out by a guy trying to make Europe great again.

Comments
By carlberky - July 17, 2019, 7:14 p.m.
Like Reply

I won't go back, because the tennement where I first lived in Brooklyn was probably as old then as I am now!

By mcfarm - July 17, 2019, 7:44 p.m.
Like Reply

its big picture guys...but you both know that and pretend not to so as to continue the sad narrative of victimhood. Hell, this week we have the ever so rich, and white Mayor of South Bend claiming he is a victim of what?  Yes racism. Fall over laughing at that one.. yes we saved a congresswomen from the hell hole of Somalia and she has taken advantage of us every step of the way. Including this week failing to even comment on the terrorist antifa attack and run form a reporter who ask her about it. So save the fake outrage and grow a set and expect all member of congress to at least support out flag and country

By metmike - July 17, 2019, 8:11 p.m.
Like Reply

My grandparents both immigrated from Ireland 100 years ago but no problem. My dad is the most patriotic guy that I know and apparently, his immigrant mother from Ireland  taught him to be that way when he was growing up in the inner city of Detroit, sometimes on welfare.

And he decided to take that attitude and gifts/opportunities offered to him in this country(like many others that had nothing to start with) by graduating from the University of Detroit in 1950(after serving in the Army for 4 years).

Then worked as an Industrial Engineer for Ford for 35 years, had 6 wonderful, successful children and has a top notch quality of life for somebody that's 93........in fact, tomorrow at this time, I'll be playing chess with him.

How crazy it would be for somebody like him to complain about this country. 

Actually, in the 6 decades of knowing my dad, I have never heard him complain  once about something that related to him feeling sorry for himself or feeling like he was getting a raw deal.

I guess when you have absolutely nothing growing up, not even meeting your dad, everything after that seems pretty dang good in comparison! 

By carlberky - July 17, 2019, 9:54 p.m.
Like Reply

So save the fake outrage and grow a set.

The only outrage here seems to be coming from you, mc, and "grow a set" is a rather personal attack.

By TimNew - July 18, 2019, 6:26 a.m.
Like Reply

Is this another example of a leftist trying to compare Trump to Hitler?  It used to be amusing,  but now it's getting boring.