Moscow Mitch
7 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - July 26, 2019, 8:06 p.m.

McConnell blocks legislation protecting our elections.

Go ahead defend that 

Comments
By TimNew - July 26, 2019, 8:19 p.m.
Like Reply

He "blacks legislation"? Is this another race card thing?

I have to add. Did you read about why he objected? It was another "do nothing" measure that would have cost money and accomplished nothing.

But since you are obviously committed to stopping foreign interference in our elections, tell me how you feel about the objections to voter ID.  TIA.

By JP - July 26, 2019, 11:56 p.m.
Like Reply

It's hard to project an aura of invincible righteous indignation when you can't even string a couple of simple thoughts together without typos and punctuation errors. 

By joj - July 27, 2019, 7:18 a.m.
Like Reply

Yes, let us change this thread to a completely unrelated matter of how Republicans suppress the vote of poor people of color.  (And they not only admit it, they brag about it!)

By carlberky - July 27, 2019, 7:46 a.m.
Like Reply

The people who have the biggest passion for restricting other people's behavior are the very people we should worry about most. Unfortunately, they keep running for office.

John Stossel

By TimNew - July 27, 2019, 8:28 a.m.
Like Reply

"unrelated matter of how Republicans suppress the vote of poor people of color.  (And they not only admit it, they brag about it!)"

another of my favorite lib-dem talking points. They must issue pamphlets to the faithful.  BTW, did you know that the majority of "People of color" find the idea that they are somehow unable to obtain ID very insulting.   But we all know the voter ID battle has nothing to do with legal citizens.

BTW,  I addressed your initial point.  But once again, when you don't like the answer,  you ignore the answer.

And Carl,  photo ID for voting is not an attempt to control anyone.  We use photo ID's for everything from getting library cards to cashing checks. Stands to reason its a reasonable request for voting.

Now, if a party starts trying to control things like buying supersized sodas,  I'll get a little concerned. 

Oh wait.....

By joj - July 27, 2019, 12:40 p.m.
Like Reply

Pathetic response from Mitch and you.  There is an ongoing threat and you will sing a different tune when some leftist hackers do a number on your team.  But it will be too late to defend our democracy then.

By TimNew - July 27, 2019, 1:21 p.m.
Like Reply

Excellent point. "Pathetic response"..  Well, I've certainly been put in my place. And you're right, when some leftist starts posting fake anti-Trump meme's  on Facebook like those Russians did, I'll be downright despondent.

Oh wait.....

But ya know,  I don't think anyone influenced my lack of desire for Hillary as president more than Hillary, and I'll just bet I' not the only one.

I guess we're done with the voter id thing.  Don't blame ya there.  It's as difficult to defend that as it is to defend a pro-illegcal immigration stance.