Finally, the worm turns....COMEY, FBI ETC
16 responses | 1 like
Started by mcfarm - Aug. 1, 2019, 7:06 a.m.

Finally, the worm turns. Comey referred for prosecution. Barr is laying back for now with new FISA abuses still coming. WX and others who were on the fence, this crap is all coming now at a more rapid rate. More and more material leads to Russia and Hillary and Obama where it always led before but the MSM's had already invested 100% in blaming and impeaching Trump....Finally Comey, brennan and co are going to get theirs in spades.

Comments
By TimNew - Aug. 1, 2019, 7:45 a.m.
Like Reply

So far, the IG has declined to prosecute.   Stay tuned.

By mcfarm - Aug. 1, 2019, 9:30 a.m.
Like Reply

yes AG...and for very good reasons....rats turn on each other...especially cornered rats

By carlberky - Aug. 2, 2019, 2:09 p.m.
Like Reply

"Comey referred for prosecution"

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doj-will-not-prosecute-comey-for-leaking-memos-after-ig-referral-source

... one of the key factors leading to the DOJ declining to prosecute apparently was the fact that the two memos were labeled “confidential” after he set in motion the chain of events that led to them ending up with the press.

Too bad, mc. No smoking gun there.

By mcfarm - Aug. 2, 2019, 2:33 p.m.
Like Reply

right Carl, plenty of FBI directors aid and abet in trying to throw Presidential elections.......Let me list them for you.....oh, and even more swear falsely to FISA courts....ohhh...and even more use their subordinates to use fake dossiers as ammo for such....ohhhh

By metmike - Aug. 2, 2019, 3:35 p.m.
Like Reply

Barr's Comey decision was the right call. But this is just the beginning

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/joe-digenova-barr-james-comey-leaks-decision

Attorney General Bill Barr’snumber one goal since taking the helm at the DOJ has been to restore the impartial and professional ethos that has characterized that agency for more than 200 years.

He is working diligently to cleanse it of the stain of politically driven vindictiveness that Obama-era officials created by grossly mishandling the Clinton email investigation, and then, even more egregiously, orchestrating the series of events that led to the Russiagatewitch hunt."

"Attorney General Barr made the right call. This would have been the first major charging decision of this investigation, which is not the time to go all in on a “maybe” case. To do so would create exactly the appearance of political vindictiveness and retributivist prosecution he is working so hard to dispel.

The release of a pending report by Inspector General Michael Horowitz is, by all accounts, imminent. The product of more than 16 months of investigation, that report will cover far more devious schemes than Comey’s leaking -- Horowitz is finally going to reveal the truth about the dishonest handling of FISA spy-warrant applications against Trump associates."

metmike: I completely agree with the above assessment. Comey is dishonest, biased, broke the law and is unqualified to hold this key position. But he got fired.  Who in their right mind(that's objective) thinks that Trump was unjustified it firing such a horrible person. A good prosecutor is not going to waste their time and our tax dollars going after somebody for the trivial crime of leaking classified documents a couple of times...to get what in return?

What would be the penalty to Comey?

More importantly, what if he doesn't obtain a conviction of Comey?

Prosecutors look at several things when deciding whether to prosecute a case.  One of them is justice for the victim. In this case, one might claim that Trump is the victim or even the American people but that would be stretching it. A more classical victim would be somebody in a rape case or breaking and entering, so I don't think the victim part played a big role here.

Most importantly is whether they are confident of a conviction and this can be affected by whether there is a clear victim. With a rape victim, they may go after the perpetrator even with low confidence of a conviction to get justice for the victim. If they lose the case and the person gets off because there wasn't enough evidence(or they did a poor job) to convince a judge or jury, they still did the right thing.

In this situation, if Barr loses the case, he loses all credibility. He looks like a biased hack for Trump trying to get revenge on Comey without enough evidence to convict him.

After that, everything he does will be seen by others thru the same lens to define his actions. 

Even if he wins the case, what does he gain?

Not enough compared to what he can lose in losing(all credibility) and what he might lose in winning(appearance of not being objective) and appearing vindictive. 

By metmike - Aug. 2, 2019, 3:40 p.m.
Like Reply

mcfarm,

I don't know if Barr has overwhelming evidence to convict Comey of crimes in giving Clinton breaks and trying to destroy Trump. 

What laws did he blatantly violate that he can be prosecuted for?

Leaking information, that he even admitted to doing shows bias but Barr would need alot of documents showing that he was the mastermind of a plot.

Maybe they have some good stuff like that, we will see.

By mcfarm - Aug. 2, 2019, 4 p.m.
Like Reply

Attorney greg Jarret has written the best book on this Russian hoax. He lists no fewer than 6 felonies committed by Comey. The above mentioned Joe DeGinava is also a former prosecutor and lists them as well. His wife, Gloria Tensing, another former federal prosecutor goes even further into realms such as treason and the like......actually by the time we get to clapper, brennan, stryuck, page,  Comey could be well testifying against them as he seems more snake like than even the rest of this crooked bunch.

By metmike - Aug. 2, 2019, 4:30 p.m.
Like Reply

Lindsey Graham: 'Stunning' if DOJ declined to prosecute James Comey

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/lindsey-graham-stunning-if-doj-declined-to-prosecute-james-comey

"Comey is also a possible target of Horowitz's separate investigation into alleged Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act abuse. It is also likely that Comey's actions as FBI director will be scrutinized during the review of the origins of the Trump-Russia investigation, being led by Barr and the U.S. attorney in Connecticut, John Durham.

Graham praised Barr's "prosecutorial discretion," and looked ahead to the other internal investigations that could be news for Comey.

"And if he does bring a charge against Comey after doing this, I'd hate to be Comey," he said."

By metmike - Aug. 2, 2019, 4:43 p.m.
Like Reply

This report makes good sense:

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/455616-james-comeys-next-reckoning-is-imminent-this-time-for-leaking

Although a technical violation, the DOJ did not want to “make its first case against the Russia investigators with such thin margins and look petty and vindictive,” a source told me, explaining the DOJ’s rationale.

But Comey and others inside the FBI and the DOJ during his tenure still face legal jeopardy in ongoing probes by the IG and Barr-appointed special prosecutor John Durham. Those investigations are focused on the origins of the Russia investigation that included a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant targeting the Trump campaign at the end of the 2016 election, the source said.

“There are significant issues emerging with how the FISA was handled and other conduct in the investigation, and everyone involved remains under scrutiny,” a second source said."

metmike: Comey's leaking some lower level classified information/documents for his political agenda a couple of times means nothing to the big picture. 

Why waste a bunch of time trying to catch a little fish in your net on one side of the boat, when there is a school of trophy sized fish on the other side of the boat ...........and if you can catch the entire group in your net, that little fish is going to follow them in (-:

By carlberky - Aug. 2, 2019, 4:58 p.m.
Like Reply

Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument.

William E. Gladstone

By metmike - Aug. 2, 2019, 4:59 p.m.
Like Reply

I think that convictions of these guys will give Trump a better chance to be re elected. 

Not saying there will be convictions but Trump the mean guy has gotten very little sympathy for having his rights violated with this unfair, probably illegal investigation for 2+ years.  Those that dislike him feel he deserved it and many think he did something wrong.

If the evidence shows otherwise to the point of criminal convictions, it would be hard for anybody that doesn't intensely hate Trump(there are millions) to not finally appreciate the injustice done to him. 

That will possibly get him several million votes but like I was saying yesterday, once somebody greatly dislikes you, whether its a news anchor, actor or politician, its almost impossible to change their mind.

Most people are so tunnel visioned politically, including almost all the dems in office, that they will probably  just do damage control and try to spin it into it being the result of Barr going after these people to get revenge for Trump. 

Can you imagine the dems or Mueller or Comey, or Clapper  or anybody in the justice department coming out with a public apology to Trump, acknowledging what happened or what they did? Or CNBC treating it any differently than all their other stories about  Trump?

When pigs fly?

In this case, when donkeys fly!

By TimNew - Aug. 2, 2019, 5:30 p.m.
Like Reply

I would not be at all surprised if some damning evidence led to some convictions.  That being said,  I'll wait for the damning evidence before I draw any conclusions.

I've spent about 3 years watching and condemning a large group for convicting and vilifying with little or no basis.  If I engage in the same behavior,  I am no better and forfeit my right to ever condemn such action again.  I hope most, if not all on the right agree.

By carlberky - Aug. 2, 2019, 5:55 p.m.
Like Reply

I hope most, if not all on the right agree.

When elephants fly.

By mcfarm - Aug. 2, 2019, 6:21 p.m.
Like Reply

I totally agree with what Tim said. Gets one to thinking though if the left also agreed to "innocent until proven guilty" THE LAST 3 YEARS WOULD NOT OF HAPPENED TO TRUMP

By metmike - Aug. 2, 2019, 6:50 p.m.
Like Reply

"When elephants fly."

Funny you should mention that carl.

On Saturday Night, the last day of our vacation we rented this movie:

DUMBO the flying elephant - new 2019 Disney movie - Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LW0GYQYIes&vl=en

Some of the reviews were not great but I loved it! Here's one of the better ones.  Great movie if you have kids or grandkids, with a wonderful plot/story and a happy ending which even adults can enjoy. 

With Dumbo, Tim Burton Proves He Still Knows How to Give Us What We Want

https://www.vulture.com/2019/03/dumbo-movie-review.html

By TimNew - Aug. 2, 2019, 9:10 p.m.
Like Reply

Dumbo..:-) How appropriate  <G>