are they all going insane?
9 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - Aug. 1, 2019, 3:50 p.m.

The big news last week was not NK testing missiles, or China amassing troops on Hong Kong’s border….no, the big news was Pres Trump’s tweet to Rep Cummings.

Rep Cummins had been a vocal critic of the detention centers for illegal aliens. Trump told him, rather than complaining about the conditions in these camps,, he should first take care of the “rat and rodent infested mess” in his own district in Baltimore.

In case you missed it, there is indeed a rat infestation problem in certain parts of Baltimore. CBS did a full-length video on this problem. And Animal Planet had investigated rat problems in cities around the world, and found Baltimore to be in the number 3 spot. Congrats, Baltimore, for winning the Bronze Medal in the World Rat Infestation Cup

Now, Pres Trump may have quoted actual facts, however, the response was overwhelming. The cries “racist, racist” reverberated throughout the US.

Rats… racist….?

But this was not all. Chris Mathews of MSNBC now says, “Trump wants to exterminate black people”. What???? Because Trump pointed out that there is a rat problem????

Mathews then said, the word “infested” is a “Hitlerian term”. What?????

Open your yellow pages and look up Insect and Rodent Exterminators, and check how often the word “infestation” shows up!

One of his guests, a retired Dem Congress Woman said, Trump is following the “Nazi playbook”

Are they all going insane?????

Noooo!!!! Absolutely not!!!

Mathews happened to mention Hitler’s minister of propaganda, J Goebbels. Yes, they (the Democrats) are exactly following “Hitler’s playbook”. Goebbels once said “if you tell the masses a lie over and over again, eventually it will become the truth for them”

And this is exactly what “they” are doing. By using the terms “racist”, “Hitler”, “Nazis” whenever they mention Trump, and doing it often enough, the gullible part of the population will eventually accept it as the truth.

It worked for the Nazis in the 30s, it could very well work for the Left today.

Comments
By JP - Aug. 1, 2019, 4:30 p.m.
Like Reply

It worked for the Nazis in the 30s, it could very well work for the Left today.

My, how proud the Dem pols and lame, er, I mean, mainstream media must be to execute such a clever strategy! They really do know how to march in goose, whoops, I mean, lock step, don't they?

By GunterK - Aug. 1, 2019, 4:53 p.m.
Like Reply

JP, I was just thinking..... Trump mentioned a rodent infestation in Baltimore (a well established fact), and the Left interprets this comment as "he wants to exterminate black people"

How proud they must be (using your terminology)  to stir up hatred within minority groups. You don't need to march in lockstep to do that  

They may not like those minority groups, but they need their votes

By metmike - Aug. 1, 2019, 5:12 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Gunter!

Good assessment.

We can all agree that Trump sometimes does not use much tact and when he is attacked or has an issue with somebody, can get very mean.

In our world, because of human nature, we sympathize with nice people and want mean people to "get what they deserve".

We want nice people as our friends. We want to watch them deliver the news on television. We want our president to be nice too. 

Hillary Clinton lost the election in 2016 because millions of people knew that she was not nice or likeable and they stayed home or held their nose and voted for Trump.

Biden would have won, I believe because he is nice.

Now that we have been able to observe Trump for 2+ years, its clear that he is not nice and has some epic personality flaws to go with his wonderful, agenda. The left, with their agenda going up against Trumps agenda would be like a chihuahua dog going up against a pit bull in a fight.

And Trump is like a pit bull at times.

The chihuahua left political side, especially the MSM, knows that they are no match for the pit bull in the arena of performance, so they take the fight OUTSIDE of this realm

Into  the realm of likeability for the breed of pit bull. Pit bulls have the worst reputation of all dogs. They are thought to be mean and aggressive. People are afraid of them. Most are good dogs but because they are thought to be mean, it's easy to convince people that they are 10 times more dangerous than they really are. If you tell people bad things about a mean dog or mean person, they will believe it.

Trump is mean. This weak point of his, is constantly being exploited by his opponents. They know that people will believe bad things about mean people. We don't give mean people the benefit of the doubt. When bad things happen to mean people, we often think "they are getting what they deserve!".......even when they are treated unfairly.

This is exactly what's going on with Trump and why one side can make absurd accusations stick with impunity. 

If Trump was a nice president, tens of millions of people, that currently are ok with the distorted portrayal of him(white supremacist/racist for instance) would be outraged.

By metmike - Aug. 1, 2019, 5:48 p.m.
Like Reply

Likability matters in elections

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/likability-matters-in-elections

"Hillary Clinton was not likable. It cost her the 2008 presidential primary, where she lost to one of the most annoyingly likable and charming candidates in modern American political history.

Just as former President Barack Obama's likability covered for his unique lack of experience, Sen. Ted Cruz's lack of likability possibly cost him the 2016 presidential primary."

"And how about Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y.? She may tout idiotic and catastrophic economic policies, but she's also likable. Likability doesn't manifest itself the same way in different people. It's why, when Ocasio-Cortez puts out an Instagram live video, she seems like the kind of millennial you might actually want to brunch with. When Warren does it, you can't help but cringe. 

You can't define or quantify it, or develop a one-size-fits all model, or pull it out of thin air. But you know likability when you see it. Warren ain't it, and it isn't because she's a woman."

metmike: There has not been a political person in my lifetime that has been so hated by so many people(Trump).  Many supporters site his win in 2016 as evidence to not believe the polls that have him behind against all the dems because he was behind Clinton in all the polls and won.

This is different. Clinton was very unlikeable and lost many millions of votes, some from her own party because of it.  This factor cost her the election with certainty. 

In 2020, it doesn't matter who the dems run. They will be much more likeable than Clinton was. We also didn't know Trump as well in 2016. We didn't know his personality flaws and many reasons to dislike him as a person then.........like we knew about Clinton. 

We are all familiar with Trumps antics, tweets, tirades and other behavior traits that has caused people to dislike him. 

You can see how this unlikeablity of Trump is causing so many people to believe anything and every thing bad stated about him.  When I was on tv and saw research from focus groups, one thing I remember is that when people disliked a tv personality, there was no chance to get them to change their minds. 

A persons status as main anchor was not always based on how many people liked you(thats extremely important) but how many people disliked you.

As long as your dislike factor was very low,  even the less popular anchors can greatly benefit using promotions and other strategies to win people over to liking you. 

I can't see how Trump can possibly overcome this reality with regards to his dislike factor being off the charts. A horrible dem candidate will not bail him out of this one.

I think it might be Biden. Think about how much more likeable Biden is than Clinton. That will count for 10's of millions of more votes. 

By JP - Aug. 1, 2019, 6:03 p.m.
Like Reply

I think it might be Biden. Think about how much more likable Biden is than Clinton. That will count for 10's of millions of more votes.

I tend to think that the proggies aren't going to rally 'round an old white man or an old white woman this time around (thinking especially of Sanders, Biden and Warren here).  

By metmike - Aug. 1, 2019, 6:07 p.m.
Like Reply

You are right JP, they will not rally around that person because of that person but they will do it to stop Trump.

This is not about embracing whoever it is as much as it is about stopping Trump.

Clinton gave them reason to just not vote because they disliked her so much.

There will be no such unlikable dem candidate this time.

Bozo the clown might be able to beat Trump (-:

By metmike - Aug. 1, 2019, 6:14 p.m.
Like Reply

Obama gave dems a good reason to vote, especially blacks/minorities that really liked him. 

The dem candidate this time will be no Obama. There is nobody with his charisma. 

But they don't need an Obama. If Trump could cool it with his crazy tweets for the next year+ and act nice and the economy was doing well and China caved and all the planets lined up, then he could win. 

By JP - Aug. 1, 2019, 6:49 p.m.
Like Reply

You are right JP, they will not rally around that person because of that person but they will do it to stop Trump.

Actually, I don't think the donks will rally 'round any old white person period. I could well be wrong, but I think there is a huge rift in the house Democrats that is primarily driven by age, political philosophy, and to a lesser extent race. The "youngsters" tend to be far left of the oldsters.  Pelosi has outlived her usefulness to the party, and "young" congressional democrats are not only fighting against Trump, but also against Pelosi and the rest of the old guard.

By metmike - Aug. 1, 2019, 7:18 p.m.
Like Reply

This is true at the moment as they battle it out between themselves but once they have their nominee, they will all be able to agree on one thing............stop Trump.

That will unite them. 

The MSM doesn't want to do too much cheerleading for the wrong person right now but once they have their nominee, the MSM will elevate that person to the status of a near God.