OK, you win.
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by carlberky - Aug. 12, 2019, 8:35 a.m.

You'll get your right-wing blog, by singling out other liberals and making it uncomfortable for them to be here.

It's been mostly fun, but I can no longer contribute to a site where most of the people are so blinded by their belief system that they can't see the truth. 

Mike, the Trading Topics should continue to attract new people. 

Without the Libs, NTR wont be so contentious and may be more attractive to new contributors.

I sincerely wish you all the best of luck.

Comments
By mcfarm - Aug. 12, 2019, 11:17 a.m.
Like Reply

sorry to hear Carl.  what has triggered you this time? Most of your posts are good to read. This one however is disappointing. Sort of seems like you meant to say "a site where your belief system does not agree with mine so I am leaving" ok then I guess

By WxFollower - Aug. 12, 2019, 11:40 a.m.
Like Reply

I sincerely hope you continue to post in both forums. You’re very well liked here even though it appears there are more cons than libs regularly posting.

By metmike - Aug. 12, 2019, 11:55 a.m.
Like Reply

Carl,

Losing our most valuable poster would be a crushing blow to MarketForum and me personally as a good friend of yours...............that shares most of your old school democratic values(just not what's being pushed by this new crop).

This would be the complete opposite of a win...........instead, it would be a great loss for us.

Please reconsider under what you might consider a better environment, as I suggested in the email that I just sent you.

You are loved and greatly respected here, for the person that you are and also for your well thought out political views.

Mike

By metmike - Aug. 12, 2019, 8:36 p.m.
Like Reply

I'm sad to say that carl can't be talked out of departing, despite me offering to make changes that he might suggest to make this a better place for him.

He did note in his email response to me, that it was ok to copy it here.

Carl's response: Mike, I value your friendship, and it pains me that I might temporarily hurt your prodigious efforts to keep the Forum going. 

It would be wrong for me to suggest that anyone tone down their input since we are what we believe.  

It's rather frustrating for me not to join in the debates about posts based on supposition taken as facts, but it would be even more  frustrating to engage in debates where no one wins.

So, it's time to take off the wise, old elder statesman hat ... which never really fit, since I'm only a very good researcher.

You may quote from this email if you like.

carl

metmike: I would not put it as you hurting those efforts.......instead, those efforts will not move forward at the pace they can with you on board..

It's sometimes very depressing to see the growing hatred which now has become so common in our world, that its accepted as normal and running a forum, with me spending hours in researching politics(before, I really never paid much attention unless it was science) has a depressing effect.............but then..........I think maybe I can provide some great (positive) messages to offset that(along with providing truths based on facts).

Sadly, the only guy that has responded to most of these great messages on a consistent basis has been you.

We have much, much more in common than what we disagree on.

I realize that people want to associate with other people that share their views and at MarketForum, we have more that don't share your views than that do and I have gotten carried away in trying to fight what I see as some evil things, especially with regards to the  MSM abusing their power as political activists and promotion of hate.  

It was great having you around for a year+ and we were incredibly blessed. If  Carl Berkowitz had never been born, the forum would have missed out on many hundreds of wonderful posts during that time and its better off today because of it.

Thanks much,

You are always welcome to stop in and make non political posts or to say hi

Your friend always,

Mike

I hope that you enjoyed yourself much of the time and I know that you learned a few authentic things about the climate because you are a man of facts and that's the language that I use for climate talk.

By GunterK - Aug. 13, 2019, 12:28 a.m.
Like Reply

Carl, please come back. We miss you

By joj - Aug. 13, 2019, 8:54 a.m.
Like Reply

Carl,

yours are the only posts I automatically click on.  I understand your frustration.  Be well....