Any problems today?
13 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - May 17, 2018, 2:26 p.m.

Please let me know, via this thread if you are experiencing any problems on the forum.

Thanks

metmike

Comments
By silverspiker - May 17, 2018, 2:29 p.m.
Like Reply

... none whatsoever... very refreshing... thanks $million !  

By metmike - May 18, 2018, 11:59 a.m.
Like Reply

I have had this site crash during a post a few times since we put some ads back on. Has anybody else experienced this?

By Jim_M - May 18, 2018, 12:07 p.m.
Like Reply

The site has never crashed for me, but it was slow to load this morning.  But that is about it.  

By metmike - May 18, 2018, 12:21 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Jim!

By rookie1986 - May 21, 2018, 10:29 p.m.
Like Reply

Mike this password thing has gotten out of hand.I used to stay logged in. now when I wish to post I am ask to log in again. Forgot my password and was directed to an "unkown IP address". could not log in under my regular name. so I created this one even though the rules say not more than 1 username.

Please understand i'm a little slow so in creating a new username I was timed out in less than 5 min. lot of work to post.

Your doing a GREAt job with everything else.

Cutworm

By rookie1986 - May 21, 2018, 10:36 p.m.
Like Reply

test.marketforum.com’s server IP address could not be found.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

By JP - May 21, 2018, 10:41 p.m.
Like Reply

Does the contact moderator function work yet? If not could you post an email address where we could reach you? Maybe you could even put it in it's very own New Topic post, so it will be easy to find! I would recommend opening a new email account you won't mind ditching later, if the contact moderator function is still fubar. 

By metmike - May 21, 2018, 11:40 p.m.
Like Reply

cutworm,

Sorry you're having these problems but thanks for hanging around. I will try to make it worth your while.

I have passed on your comments to our tech guy.

He has been outstanding with responses/explanations and fixes. 

I am in Detroit caring for my Dad but still trying to keep things running well. When I hear back from him, I will pass it along but it might be a few days, since he has another full time job.

By metmike - May 21, 2018, 11:43 p.m.
Like Reply

I worked on the contact moderator button thing on Sunday and got it figured out. 

Comments/questions should now go directly to me.

If you send something and I don't respond, let me know. Am out of town the next 2 weeks, so its possible that I don't respond that day.

Thanks,

Mike

By admin - May 22, 2018, 5:18 p.m.
Like Reply

The password reset functionality is now working properly.

Chris

By cutworm - May 22, 2018, 10:30 p.m.
Like Reply

Problem fixed. Thanks

Also thanks Mike for the way you are running things.

By MarkB - May 23, 2018, 12:24 p.m.
Like Reply

Since the ads have come back, it's been slow to load. And I have had several times where it wouldn't connect or load at all for several minutes. I understand the necessity for some ads to pay for the site. But I think a different ad program is in order.

By metmike - May 23, 2018, 2:48 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Mark!

We may need to adjust the ads. You may try clearing your history and rebooting the computer. 

I appreciate others chiming in if there is/are problems and also if everything is working great. 

If a number of people are having a similar problem, it makes it easier to get resolved faster.