Trump 2020
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Aug. 12, 2019, 5:48 p.m.

In 2016 Trump painted the central/most of the country red

I wonder how many of these folks think he deserves a second term

I know many will have a hard time with the Dem platfform, but Hillary did win the popular vote

This time Trump has lost a lot of farm votes with lost markets and not supporting ethanol

Two major crops that Trump has messed up demand and probably long term damage to price. Wait untill next yr comes and no demand

A short crop and Trump doesn't seems to want to give the farmer at least one yr of decent prices. Low food prices seem to be more important

BK in farm country is on the increase

Farm equipment sales are down

When farmers suffer, so does the local economy

Small business on main street will likely suffer

China is investinging big time in alternate sources of food such as SA and Africa, both with huge potential. They would not make this investment if they have any thoughts of coming back to NA supplies. Looks like NA wll be low man on the totem pole and anybody that looks down the road can see a farm problem, plus local economies, with this administration

Urban folks may not feel the efects just now

But a recession seems to be coming, iif bonds know

If the general economy has a problem, which I think it will, who will continue to support Trump

I don't think his loyal base, no mattter what he does, is enough to lose so called fringe voters

You are closer to the ground than I am

What do you think

I think he has ticked of enough voters to lose the 2020 election

If I was a voter, I would think the Dems couldn't do much more harm than Trump. Just different harmful stuff.

Comments
Re: Trump 2020
0 likes
By mcfarm - Aug. 12, 2019, 6:08 p.m.
Like Reply

Trump has not lost much support in the farm country. Polls and donations both indicate its just as strong as ever. Yes those few complaining always seem to make it to TV and radio but the silent troopers march on.

By metmike - Aug. 13, 2019, 1:06 a.m.
Like Reply

mcfarm,

It's true that Trump has not lost much support in farm country and with republicans but what has changed since 2016 is the amount of people that hate him intensely has been growing and the magnitude of the hate has also been growing.

Trump pulled off a surprise win in 2016, mainly because his opponent was a bad candidate and millions of voters with the never Clinton belief system, either voted for Trump or even more just stayed home.

There were also never Trump people that did the same thing but not as many.

This next time up, with absolute certainty, the never candidate X voting will be at record levels and candidate X is Trump. Instead of staying home if the don't like, whoever the awful Dem candidate is, the intensity of the never Trump  people will motivate millions to vote for the Dem candidate, even  if they were Bozo the Clown. 

Trump has more enemies that despise him in high places than any other president and that includes much of the MSM which will be campaigning openly, around the clock for whoever the dem is.

Add to this, the fact that Trump is a mean person and not well liked because of his personality(this killed H.Clinton too) like some previous presidents..........Obama, B.Clinton, Reagan and you just have too many factors against him that count more than good agenda for the American people. 

You;ve already got half the dems convinced that he's a racist, committed crimes related to the Russian investigation and the MSM that just make up stuff with impunity like this from Cliff's link being pushed as propaganda to destroy him. Scroll down to the bottom of this link to see how they do it.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/36092/

It's almost inconceivable that Trump can overcome this because he lacks the charm and tact needed to woo people to his side. He says what he thinks, is brutally honest and impulsive and ticks off, what seems to be another group of people every month...........even when he's right about the topic. He is often dead right but then embellishes or uses  inaccurate facts to support it, which messes up his credibility because its so easy to fact check and make him look totally wrong, even when he's mostly right.