Destroying our Institutions
10 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - Aug. 17, 2019, 1:30 p.m.

It is plainly obvious for all to see that Trump is a racist, a liar and a criminal. (all in plain sight)

His cabinet is a joke.  No one of any substance will step up to work for him.

But that is not what troubles me about his presidency the most.  It is the permanent harm to all our institutions.

He trashes the FBI.  The moral has never been lower.

He trashes the CIA, NSA and others by standing with Putin and disbelieving our intelligence in Helsinki (jaw dropping)

He trashes the media as an "enemy of the people".  Not only is this the talk of a tyrant but it goes against the bedrock of our constitution.  Freedom of the press was best advocated by Jefferson when he said:  "If I had to choose between a government with no press or a press with no government, I should choose the latter".

He trashes NATO.  An institution that has stood us well against non democratic forces for 70+ years.

He trashes our trading partners of Canada, Mexico and Europe who could have been instrumental in forging a coalition against China.  I guess "America First" means make everyone hate us.

I believe Trump was a fluke in our history and he will go down in 2020.  But the harm he has done, not only to our institutions but to our public discourse is, I'm afraid, permanent. 

Comments
By mcfarm - Aug. 17, 2019, 2 p.m.
Like Reply

after the last 3 years wonder why anyone with 1/2 a brain would trash our once fabled FBI? Just last nite more documentation came out on the Ohrs and the corruption that just those 2 were involved in. Of course when Comey, stryuck, page, brennan, clapper,mcabe and company all are charged you will still wonder with your eyes wide shut

By metmike - Aug. 17, 2019, 2:56 p.m.
Like Reply

There is definitely MUCH more hatred going on since he got elected. And trump is causing much of it.

One should note though, who(what side) is doing the most hating and who is it that is getting hated the most?

Yeah, I agree that trump is an easy to hate guy!

I used to think that calling the MSN the enemy of the people was way, way out of line.

After observing their mission to promote hatred of trump for over 2 years and my dedication to making the world a better place doing acts of kindness and with positive messages and truthful messages, I see the MSN as totally at odds with what is good in this realm.

That’s not too far away from calling them the enemy of the people.

By mcfarm - Aug. 17, 2019, 6:27 p.m.
Like Reply

much more hatred? I don't know, there is a bunch but do we that easily forget George W bush and how the msm would do a report on some innocuous event and start and end the report with........ITS BUSH'SFAULT......and that went on for 8 years of his term and about 8 of obamas

By joj - Aug. 17, 2019, 8:12 p.m.
Like Reply

Criticizing Trump is called "hate".  (or trolling)

Instead of addressing all my points in the post you just sum it up as hate.  Got it.

But criticizing Obama is WHAT Mike?   

'Cause you were dishing it out pretty good there for the last few years.

By TimNew - Aug. 17, 2019, 9:49 p.m.
Like Reply

Ya know what's really funny,  in a not so "HaHa" kinda way?   Bush is still demonized by the left for listening to various US Intel orgs when they said "It's a slam dunk that  that Hussein  is creating and using chemical weapons".  And now Trump is demonized by the left for not listening to intel. After it's been pretty convincingly proven that the FBI was weaponized to facilitate a witch hunt. So it appears the crime here is not whether or not you listen to intel,  it's whether or not you have an "R" suffix".

Setting that aside..   I'm curious.   I hear over and over how Trump is a racist.  Seems to be no question about that in some peoples minds.  But quite frankly, setting aside the many benifits that minorities are experiencing under Trump's agenda, calling a sh#thole country a sh#thole country is not racist. Calling a rat infested town a rat infested town is not racist.  Heck,  it wasn't racist when assorted dems said the same thing. Calling for secure borders is not racist and it was not considered racist when lot's of dems, from Obama and both Clinton's on down called for secure borders.

So, what specific examples of Trump's "racism" are you using to support your claim?  And saying "The New York Times told me to think that" does not count.

BTW, after seeing the full unedited quote,do you still believe Trump said "Nazi's are fine people"?

Thanks in advance for your honest answers.

By metmike - Aug. 17, 2019, 10:50 p.m.
Like Reply

Addressing all your points?

joj, You mean like busting the lame evidence for calling Trump a racist  because he called the invasion at the southern border an invasion(of people that are brown) or  when he said that there were good people on both sides and clarified that later by condemning the bad ones(that were part of one side)? ............why would you insist that I keep doing that over and over?  It's a complete waste of time because  you never listened in the past, and have no intention of listening now or in the future. You are blinded by hate!

Rehashing the Russian investigation and what really happened and why Trump did not commit any crimes related to this again? Why? 

Guys like carl and WxFollower(and others) are able to discuss and criticize Trump for his many problems without the hate. An objective discussion with them by another objective person about Trump is possible. 

You, cliff, mojo and vandenplas for instance clearly hate Trumps guts and your posts reflect that with  clarity.

Own it dude because your last post is more  evidence that you hate Trump and having an objective discussion with you on Trump would be impossible.......especially considering your bad mood tonight.

With regards to accusing me of dishing out Obama criticism for the last few years. You are making that up. I would like to know why you are making this up about me joj?

Are you in a bad mood and decided to come here to pick a fight?

As stated before, your post did not break any rules and you can bash Trump as long as you don't turn into a mojo with a dozen hateful, thoughtless trolling posts polluting the forum every week and zero positive contributions about anything.

I like your positive contributions much more and am very grateful that you post here.

By GunterK - Aug. 17, 2019, 11:04 p.m.
Like Reply

joj, you wrote "Criticizing Trump is called "hate". 

I don't believe many people would agree with your statement. "Criticism" is not "hate". A lot of conservatives criticize Trump. Even our own moderator has many times  criticized Trump. With your statement above, you insinuating that Trump supporters cannot stomach criticism of their president, while at the same time you are covering up for the fact that the Left is thriving by sowing hatred and division (that''s the only way they can get the support of the minorities..

Examples of "hate", or"inciting hatred" are...

"Trump is a racist""

"rump is a white supremacist"

"Trump wants to exterminate Latinos"

"Trump supporters should be sent to death camps"

"Trump ordered the lowering of the flag to show his allegiance to Hitler"

Trump is a racist because he told a Congressman to clean up his neglected district (if this Congressman had been white, this same comment would not have been racist)

"Trump tortures children"

Trump is a racist because of his immigration policies ( he wants immigrants to come here legally, rather than as law-breaking intruders.)

there are lot more examples.... and at the same time I don't want to deny that Trump makes a lot of very unfortunate comments... comments that could create anger.

Yet, when you stand back and take a look at the whole picture... you see an attempt to destroy Trump, first with the 3-year Russia thingy. After that one failed, the Left is dramatically increasing their attempt to push the public into hating Trump and his supporters. If you'd ask me, who is dividing the country, I would say...Trump, to a certain extent, but the Left is doing a whole lot more.

By wglassfo - Aug. 18, 2019, 1:47 a.m.
Like Reply

After reading the above posts I wonder:

Will the 2020 election hinge on who can generate the most hate for the other side amongst the voters

At the moment I would think the Dems have a lock on the hate department

Will hate filled messages win or will the electorate take a step back and say

Whoa up Nellie

This doesn't sound just right to me [the voter]

A recent poll found out the majority of voters do not believe the major news net works

That was surprising to me, but maybe some people do have a lick of sense and think for themselves

By TimNew - Aug. 18, 2019, 8:48 a.m.
Like Reply

That sort of touches on another of JOJ's "Misattributions","Misquotes",  whatever you want to call it.

Trump never "trashed the media as the enemy of the people", but if you use the actual quote "Fake news media is the enemy of the people" it doesn't sound nearly as anti-constitutional.  I mean, deliberately misreporting, or outright lying, as been shown time and again, is more than an abuse of the 1st amendment right.

You'd think that when the arguments/"facts" you use to support your opinions are so often shown to be faulty,  you might take a step back and reevaluate.  

Don't get me wrong..  There are plenty of legitmate reasons to criticize Trump.  But they don't seem to provide enough "ammo".  Why else would so many of his critics rely on false narratives?

By metmike - Aug. 18, 2019, 11:25 p.m.
Like Reply

joj,

I'm still waiting for you to respond to my question about why you made up this statement about me:

"But criticizing Obama is WHAT Mike?   

'Cause you were dishing it out pretty good there for the last few years."