Nevada Miss America contestant
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Aug. 20, 2019, 5:59 p.m.

Seriously, loss of free speech will doom your and our country

In fact one wonders just  how much free speech is left, in the state of Nevada

I doubt anybody on the forum is from Nevada , but if so then perhaps there is more to this story. Please add the missing pieces.

The Miss Nevada winner was stripped of her title because of her social media comments supporting Trump

Nothing was said about her comments except she was told her comments were too conservative. As far as I know she was not vulgar, disrespectfull etc. Just voicing her support for Trump.

She was also offered a refund of her entry fee if she would return her sash, crown and not tell anybody 

I have no idea if she was asked to delete her social media comments

The young girl refused and thus will not be able to compete in the Miss America finals. She would not be allowed to compete anyway, so what was the point of giving back a piece of cloth, a small amount of money [40 dollars I think] and some cheap plastic in the crown and compromize her principals. I think I would have done the same thing, in fact I know I would do the same thing.

I say bully for the young girl and her courage, by standing up for free speech, and telling those self righteous people to get lost [I am being polite when I say get lost]

I am sure she was under a lot of pressure to just give in to the demands, especially at such a young age, but she didn't and I applaud her decision..

I think this goes much further than just one persons right to free speech. This young lady should be given every bit of support possible. Yes, this is one time the little people can join in on social media and should do so, aggressively, in great numbers, and give her some whole hearted support, rather than sitting, like a sack of potatoes in your easy chair. Somebody has to stand up and be counted. 1000's of people might/should if you are amongst the 1st to act. This is whole sale stupidity.

Are we this dumbed down to accept this kind of action??? Seems like we must be dumber than a fence post, or we would  have  heard some small token of support for this courageous lady. But a small amount of support is not enough.

It seems to the casual observer, the whole country is so dumbed down and simple couch potatoes, whilst  the liberals seem to have the upper hand in this battle of free speech.. Nevada should be the focus of action by every one.. This is something you can do, it does not involve a lot of marching or other actions other than  messages of support.

Or you can sit and be run over by the free speech police.. It's your/our choice and we don't expect any sympathy when we realize what has happened to our country.   We are not any better, we just sit and take it.

Even liberals should be out raged at the people of Nevada. Some day liberal rights will be gone also.

Liberals and conservatives should be very angry

All of us are in a world of trouble if this kind of stuff does not stop and soon. We will be in a world of trouble in Canada, you in America

You may think I am saying the sky is falling when it clearly is not, but some day you/us will wake up with very few rights. Left and right will be under much stricter control of our actions and words

Forums such as this will not exist. 

I am reminded of the frog in a pot of boiling water 

Comments
By metmike - Aug. 20, 2019, 7:27 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Wayne,

You are referring to this:

Miss America pageant drops combat veteran Miss Nevada because they don’t like her politics

https://popularmilitary.com/miss-america-pageant-drops-combat-veteran-miss-nevada-because-they-dont-like-her-politics/

"Williams was ordered to surrender her crown and sash, and to never again speak of the pageant. She has refused to do so.

“I am so tired of being labeled as this crazy, right wing, whatever you want to call it,” she said. “I just don’t understand how you could censor someone with conservative values when I’m not even really saying anything that’s bad.”

Posts that were considered taboo included pro-American sentiments, as well as criticism of Antifa."

By metmike - Aug. 20, 2019, 7:32 p.m.
Like Reply

Same thing happened last month to Miss Michigan.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/20/trump-loving-miss-michigan-kathy-zhu-dethroned-after-old-racist-tweets-surface/

Trump-loving Miss Michigan Kathy Zhu dethroned after old ‘racist’ tweets surface

Kathy Zhu                    @PoliticalKathy         

"Miss World America's State/National/Chief Director accused me of being racist, Islamaphobic, and insensitive.

They stripped me of my Miss Michigan title due to my refusal to try on a hijab in 2018, my tweet about black on black gun violence, and "insensitive" statistical tweets."

Watch the CNN anchor embarrass herself trying to vilify this authentic young lady for making her accurate, non racist statements:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/27/us/kathy-zhu-ex-miss-michigan-joins-trump-team-trnd/index.html

Controversial tweets

"Zhu told CNN on Monday that she stands by the views on her social media, though it appears she has deleted at least one of the posts in question.

One of the tweets she said Miss World America found inappropriate included her comments on black on black gun violence. 

"Did you know the majority of black deaths are caused by other blacks? Fix problems within your own community first before blaming others," she wrote. 

Her tweet was in response to another user who had tweeted Vice President Mike Pence to say, "STOP KILLING BLACK PEOPLE !!!" regarding police violence against African-Americans."

By 7475 - Aug. 20, 2019, 7:43 p.m.
Like Reply

Hey Wayne

I dont "social media" but Ill say right here on this board that I back your sentiments 100% .

And I admit that I dont know the whole story or about  any possible restrictions which may go along with pageant competition,but 

if Im jumping the gun the damage is minor compared to what the officials are trying to do.

Hear,Hear young ladies!

By metmike - Aug. 20, 2019, 7:45 p.m.
Like Reply

Love and tolerance: Skyrocketing number of violent attacks on Trump supporters in MAGA hats 

Love and tolerance: Skyrocketing number of violent attacks on Trump supporters in MAGA hats

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/attacks-trump-supporters-maga-hats/

Imagine an America in which people are openly beating one another for wearing the wrong thing… something as simple as a hat. That’s exactly what happened to Jahangir “John” Turan earlier this week.

Donald Trump MAGA Hat Attacks, Intolerance: List of Reported Incidents Against People Wearing President's Caps

https://www.newsweek.com/criminal-acts-trump-maga-hats-1357179

I am telling you with absolute certainty, that even though Trump is mean and an easy to hate guy, the MSM is selling and promoting this. THEY are causing it.  CNN for instance, often does round the clock Trump bashing using distorted interpretations to paint Trump as somebody they want us to hate as they trample on ethical professional journalism standards and the truth.

See the clear evidence here:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/37245/

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/36786/

Prominent messenger of hate exposed            

Started by metmike - Aug. 13, 2019, 1:51 p.m.            

By GunterK - Aug. 20, 2019, 10:58 p.m.
Like Reply

was rushing through the posts. I apologize if I am repeating something already mentioned...

Miss Nevada is a combat veteran and a member of the National Guard.

This is now the second time that a Miss... was demoted because of her support of Trump.... which makes sense, since Trump supporters are "deplorables". Soon Trump supporters will be hunted on the streets.