Profarmer yield calculations
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by gfn - Aug. 23, 2019, 2:51 p.m.

After 4 days of tracking through the corn belt they come to 163.3  corn and 46.1 beans .

My  est. Is lower by couple bu corn and beans.

Comments
By metmike - Aug. 23, 2019, 3:12 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks gfn! That's what I call a wonderful trading post!

I agree on the beans being lower but am torn with that vs the perfect weather we have coming up adding bushels.

Outstanding filling for both corn kernels and bean pods.

Karen Braun@kannbwx

·

Pro Farmer estimates: 

U.S. #corn crop at 13.358 bln bu - 4% below USDA - with a yield of 163.3 bu/acre. #Soybeans at 3.497 bln bu - 5% below USDA - with a yield of 46.1 bu/acre. These numbers took into account data from #pftour19 and other sources.

By mcfarm - Aug. 23, 2019, 3:15 p.m.
Like Reply

ok, so here are the real numbers they calculated which obviously Chip never used so why go thru all the trouble of pretending

Ind down 25b/a...Ohio dn 30b/a...neb dn 22b/a....Ill dn 23b/a...Minn dn 25b/a..   Iowa dn 20b/a...all from last year and tell me again how this only adds to a 7b/a reduction year to year...not to mention millions in PP?

again why go thru all the fake gymnastics just like NASS did and release fake numbers? Who do they think they are, the NY Times and Cnn?

By metmike - Aug. 23, 2019, 3:18 p.m.
Like Reply

metmike: I don't understand how they are only 5% lower than the USDA with the pod counts waaaaaay below the USDA.......other than thinking that pod size will make up for it............but weather for the next month is what will determine that(with help from the extra CO2 in the air). and they can't know the weather(though the forecast is great for the next 2 weeks)

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/37383/

@kannbwx

·

Results for #soybeans were much different with the YOY pod counts on #pftour19 much lower than a year ago, and all those deviations are much larger than USDA's, especially in the eastern states.

By metmike - Aug. 23, 2019, 3:25 p.m.
Like Reply

Interesting that their corn yield last year was much too low, except for SD.

This year, they are below the USDA in every state. 

This is comparing the #corn yield samples by state taken on #pftour19 versus the tour averages from last year and then looking at USDA's YOY departures. Pretty consistent with the exception of South Dakota.