Tim-- Just for you
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Sept. 16, 2019, 1:05 p.m.

If your "wow just wow low interest statement" is true, as you posted, then answer me this

Why have retail store closing already surpassed the number of store closing in all of 2018

Does that mean lower Fed int rates increase economic activity with stats like this?? I would call 3.5-4% retail int rates low, and economic activity is not increasing. That increased economic activity all happened in the USA, back with the tax cuts and then kept on going for some time. The latest jobs report was not very convincing, the economy looks to be slowing down and Trump wants even more  int rate cuts.

But as you know the EU tried lower and even lower int rates but the economy did not respond to lower int rates, Today there are trillions of negative int rates in the world.  Other countries have tried 2% int rates which failed the economy, until finally going negative..  The world is slipping into recession, even with trillions of negative int rates. The latest effort by the EU is QE

Need I say any more???

Your so dang full of yourself and always right

On a recent post you said:

You have no idea why a farm would need two vechicles when retirement comes so you post as if you are correct. [give me a break ] you don't know squat about a farm, or what is needed, even when retired, but you insist on posting stupid stuff, like that statement

If this post is a personal slam, against Tim, then so be it,  but some times a person can listen to stuff like this, from Tim, only so long before getting a bit ornery

I apologize if this post does not meet the high standards of the forum, [which I think should be a model for all chat forums] and also to all other formites

Comments
By TimNew - Sept. 16, 2019, 1:38 p.m.
Like Reply

Retail sales have actually been pretty strong this year so I am not sure I understand your question.  Store closings are measuring something else,  like trend changes.   We buy more on the internet, for example.

BTW,  you're right.  I've been pulling your chain a lot of late, and it's not really necessary.   I apologize.  

By metmike - Sept. 16, 2019, 5:33 p.m.
Like Reply

Wayne,

After Tim made his comment about you and your retired wife only needing 1 vehicle, I agreed with you on that one(at least that seemed like an odd comment):

Re: Re: It's really not that hard to become a millionaire            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/38056/                        

By TimNew - Sept. 1, 2019, 9:48 a.m.            

"So right now, you are spending 125k per year to live?  Fortunately, I live on far less even factoring in the Canadian dollar.  Don't know why a retired couple would need two vehicles, but to each his own."  

Re: Re: Re: It's really not that hard to become a millionaire            

By metmike - Sept. 1, 2019, 11:55 a.m.            

"Wow, thanks for sharing all that Wayne.

Tim,

I would think that a retired couple that both drive would want 2 vehicles."

metmike: Regardless, I appreciate both your generous contributions here and considering the huge difference in backgrounds would expect different views that sometimes disagree with each other.

Tim is definitely our expert on economic numbers.