Teen activist at UN
1 response | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Sept. 24, 2019, 6:03 p.m.

1st of all I have to wonder who gave that young girl the podium and microphone to speak at the U.N. before such a large audience???

If I said I wanted equal time to send my message out to the masses, do you think I would be given the same opportunity?? If so then the U.N would be swamped with people with all kinds of agendas they wish a public forum of such magnitude.

So no: I would not have the same opportunity, and of course the publicity from that speech at the U.N just feeds on itself, with any dissenting message being swamped with cries of deniers of the settled and unquestioned  science. I suspect popular interest which translates into ratings on every  TV show that either comments about this youngster or lord help us if somebody lands a live television interview. She can say what she wants so long as she keeps coming back to her special activists language which by now she has  completely memorized

I am ashamed to admit Canada has agreed to spend money to support the activist agenda. And I have to call it an activist agenda as no other words fit her agenda of hate. Is hate to strong a word,???? Not from her stare at Trump, as he entered the U.N and the young girl being restrained from approaching Trump. I think her message qualifies as a hate speech to all who disagree with her message.

We have an election, coming soon, in Canada, and so far, as I know, the conservative party does not support the carbon tax, but the race for number 1 spot is so close there is no telling how many will support the green revolution sweeping the world and lord help us: the conservatives may think they have to change their platform or lose the election, in Canada. 

I know how our family thinks as this carbon tax will cost us approx 2500.00 in extra tax to dry our corn crop this fall. A much greater cost than somebody buying pump gas and spending approx. 5.00 or 10.00 extra/week i

For us that 2500.00 will balloon to well over 10,000.00 per yr, according to the print I read on the gas pump and apply it to our LP bill

We can't afford this transfer of wealth and I hope

# 1  the tax goes away, if the current gov't is defeated

# 2 somebody will realize just how much this is costing every farmer in Canada that buys LP and dries corn, which is every corn farmer in Canada. NG would be less but still a good chunk of change. We can not get access to NG on our farm and we have too much money invested in infrastructure to move to another location, with NG

If we continue to be billed this carbon tax I will seriously consider going to our farm Federation that represents farmers to the gov't and present this looming new tax, every farmer will pay, one way or another. I have taken up one other fight in our bi county area and generated interest by public speaking, and with individuals and op-eds in local news paper, plus other things

I have been through the mill once, many yrs ago and I may have to do it again. By the way, I and others, who offered their support, won that battle, for the thoughts of many, after some leg work, speaking to farm officials, elected officials etc.. It all started with a general meeting of maybe 30 farmers and only one other person in the room and myself who thought alike, about this one item on the agenda of many things, as meeting agendas mostly happen..

I found you can fight city hall, and win, if your cause is just and people, with like minded interest, surround you and speak with a little bit of common sense

As Mao said

A journey of 1000 miles starts with the 1st step

I will wait to find out our countries position after the election and I may take that 1st step.

Doesn't mean I will win the carbon conversation but hopefully I can ask MM to give me some simple answers/facts that most people can digest in a few sentences, and I will certainly use my podium to speak up, more loudly as I gain an audience in the public realm against the carbon debate and the transfer of wealth, using our farm as a model that is a down to earth, real life experience, that hopefully most can relate to in simple terms..

Comments
By metmike - Sept. 24, 2019, 7:34 p.m.
Like Reply

Very well stated Wayne. Thank you.