And now Hunter will resign if Biden is elected to avoid the appearance of conflict of interest..
15 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - Oct. 13, 2019, 10:40 a.m.

Umm, I think that ship has sailed  :-) 

And I love the "Unsubstantiated charges" quip,  a phrase you never hear in reporting on Trump or Kavanaugh or anyone on the right. Those all start with a presumption of guilt even when the chief "witness" has no recollection of when or where the "offense" took place.

Even the headline "Hunter Biden Steps Down from Chinese Board as Trump Attacks" stating it as past tense is using a bit of poetic license.  But lots of"readers" rarely get past the headline.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/hunter-biden-steps-down-chinese-110838279.html

"Hunter Biden is stepping down from the board of a Chinese-backed private equity company and promising to forego all foreign work if his father, former U.S. Vice President Joe Biden, is elected president in 2020.

After months of keeping a relatively low-profile as President Donald Trump leveled a barrage of unsubstantiated accusations of corruption at him, the younger Biden is publicly vowing to avoid any conflict of interest."

Comments
By mcfarm - Oct. 13, 2019, 10:56 a.m.
Like Reply

I want to know where I the heck Mr Clean Obama is in this narrative. He had a Vp who was for sale. Who screwed the American tax payer out of billions. Who was bought by more than 1 country. Where is Obama and why and how did he not know?

By wglassfo - Oct. 13, 2019, 11:30 a.m.
Like Reply

Obama was as dirty as they come, but not the 1st

Come on

A community organizer elected president

He was bought and paid for and had to pay back his debt to his money backers

He gave a good speech at the convention [which was the final decision maker for the money people] and the money people lined up at his door wanting a piece of the action

Even Biden must have got enough money to be VP some place

Why would anybody pick Biden for VP unless he had people with money 

Remember Obama said he needed 1 billion to win and looks like he got it, even if it was dirty money.

All big political money is dirty meaning strings attached.

The president is just the sales person who goes out and sells the best message possible

If you get too independent then they will get you 6 ways to Sunday

By metmike - Oct. 13, 2019, 12:30 p.m.
Like Reply

"A community organizer elected president"

This is one of the silliest things that get repeated by those bashing Obama!

What was your first job Wayne?

He was elected to the US Senate, representing the state of Illinois before being elected president.

He is extraordinarily intelligent and a  gifted, charismatic communicator, which got him elected.  And the birther stuff is ludicrous too. 

You can disagree with the Obama agenda but he was  very capable as a president. 

By metmike - Oct. 13, 2019, 12:50 p.m.
Like Reply

On Hunter Biden,

The more and more that we learn, the fishier this looks.

1. "According to a statement released on his behalf by his lawyer George Mesires, Biden said he’ll resign at the end of the month from the management company of a private equity fund that’s backed by Chinese state-owned entities. He also pledged that he wouldn’t work for any foreign-owned companies or serve on their boards during a potential Biden administration. He reiterated that he never discussed his business activities with his father."

It's little late for that promise Hunter. Not that there were crimes committed here( we can never know unless they do an actual investigation) but if  you keep insisting that there was absolutely nothing wrong with your behavior, then it makes no sense to promise never to do it again. If there was nothing wrong then..............then there's nothing wrong now or in the future.

2.  'Hunter Biden released the statement on his own and not at the direction of the former vice president, according to a person familiar with the matter. He reiterated that he never discussed his business activities with his father."

You have to be brain dead or brainwashed to believe that one. We already have proof to show otherwise. Maybe it was like when B.Clinton met with Loretta Lynch to arrange the fix deal on the airplane in Phoenix to not file charges against Hillary and all they talked about was grandchildren and Bill's golf game in Phoenix(which he didn't have)  (-:

In what universe would a father and son in their positions, get together and never talk politics or intentionally avoid the specific politics that they had in common for years, BECAUSE of the senior Biden's position?

When you catch somebody is a blatant, obvious lie about something that you know is a lie for sure, then you can't trust what they claim about other very suspicious stuff. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/joe-hunter-biden-seen-golfing-with-ukraine-gas-company-exec-back-in-2014-photo-shows

'Tucker Carlson Tonight' obtains photo of Joe Biden golfing with his son and Ukranian business partner

'Tucker Carlson Tonight' obtains photo of Joe Biden golfing with his son and Ukranian business partner

metmike: I can buy that these guys actually DID talk about golf. But no politics? That was THE reason for this golf outing!!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon, why would any objective person think otherwise. Of course they talked politics and business...........that's the MAIN thing that they had in common, other than Joe and Hunter were related. 

By TimNew - Oct. 13, 2019, 1:27 p.m.
Like Reply

Have to agree to disagree I guess.  Obama was a community organizer, did a brief stint in the senate where he did virtually nothing besides campaign for the presidency. Then won in an election in the midst of a recession falsely, but successfully blamed on pubs against McCain who was not much of a candidate.

He was a gifted teleprompter reader but did not always do so well off script.  His foreign policy blunders gave us, among other things, that "JV" Isis team. His economic cluelessness was legendary, summed up with his "We need a magic wand to get those jobs back".

By metmike - Oct. 13, 2019, 1:32 p.m.
Like Reply

OK, so you disagree with his agenda.

"He was a gifted teleprompter reader but did not always do so well off script"

This is another one of those mysterious claims that, based on my observations of the man are just the opposite.

Gifted, charismatic speakers always do extremely well off the teleprompter.

Clinton, Reagan were elites too. 

By metmike - Oct. 13, 2019, 1:38 p.m.
Like Reply

"did a brief stint in the senate where he did virtually nothing besides campaign for the presidency. Then won in an election in the midst of a recession falsely, but successfully blamed on pubs against McCain who was not much of a candidate."

If your stint in the senate is brief, you can hardly be held accountable for having accomplished much.

He beat long career Clinton in the primaries.

For sure his opponent, was the worst in republican history(my opinion) and I was a NEVER McCain guy, especially because his war mongering was so repugnant for my personal belief system. 

The recession helped for sure too and the Iraq war too. I guess all the planets were lined up for him but his  likeable personality, which is a key element was off the charts.

By metmike - Oct. 13, 2019, 1:43 p.m.
Like Reply

And those no denying by objective standards that he displayed outstanding leadership skills and is very intelligent.

He sure seems like presidential material to me, regardless of what side your politics are.

Yes, he was very divisive but that's another matter.

By TimNew - Oct. 13, 2019, 2:04 p.m.
Like Reply

I'm sorry.  He was likable, certainly charismatic, but he was geopolitically and economically incompetent. That has nothing to do with agenda,other than the lack of knowledge helped to fuel a hopelessly flawed one. 

And I could produce a lonnngggg list of his off-script gaffes.  Might not be fair as anyone under a microscope 24/7 is going to be guilty.  His "49 state with a few to go" and referring to "here in Asia" while speaking in Hawaii are 2 good ones.

By metmike - Oct. 13, 2019, 2:23 p.m.
Like Reply

His "49 state with a few to go" and referring to "here in Asia" while speaking in Hawaii are 2 good ones.

Here is the 2nd  gaffe:

Obama: Hawaii in Asia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9hPXHD4WH0

The funny thing is that you use it as an example. 

1. He's from Hawaii of course he knows that country it's in. 

2. He seems tired

3. Every person on the planet makes gaffes like this. 

4. I was on tv for 11 years as chief meteorologist for WEHT. I'm guessing I did something like this over  one hundred  times. That didn't lessen my expertise in meteorology. 

I couldn't find your  first gaffe but maybe this is what you were referring to:

Perry recaps Obama’s 57 states’ goof

https://www.politifact.com/texas/article/2011/nov/30/perry-recaps-obamas-57-states-remark/

Again, the man was probably tired and this was a simple, silly gaffe, the type of which I made enough times on the air to fill a couple of blooper videos. 

By metmike - Oct. 13, 2019, 2:28 p.m.
Like Reply

Tim,

I know that you have acknowledged being biased though, so we should expect you to view Obama gaff's like this.

By mcfarm - Oct. 13, 2019, 8:41 p.m.
Like Reply

I also have a rather low opinion of Obama. And him sitting in that piss poor excuse of a church for 20 years and not hearing a word is one of my top reasons. I really sincerely think {and can back up with facts}that Obama does not care much for this country, its people, its founders and most especially its founding documents. When the last of his baggage is finally opened the masses are going to be shocked just how much the deep state and the msm have tried to bury

By metmike - Oct. 13, 2019, 8:52 p.m.
Like Reply

mcfarm,

Did you say "Deep State"?

One side has insisted (wrongly) that its just another right wing conspiracy theory.........as if the Mueller investigation could have been conducted that way from neutral sources. 

Dan Gainor: NY Times columnist admits there’s an anti-Trump Deep State – But claims members are the good guys

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/dan-gainor-even-ny-times-columnist-admits-theres-a-deep-state-but-he-says-members-are-the-good-guys

Only leftists see a government employee working to overturn the result of a legal election as “positive.”

“There is a 40 percent of the country that is only getting fed one reality; arguably, 60 percent are getting what I would argue is reality,” Todd said.

Hubris is a symptom of bad journalism.

The same attitude was evident in a graphic used on-screen during “CNN Newsroom.” It said: “WH Declares War on Impeachment Inquiry & Constitution.” Media bias? At CNN? Never! It’s one thing to declare war on a bogus impeachment. It’s another thing to declare war on the Constitution.

But media outlets were more than willing to go all Schiff-ty and simply make things up."

metmike: 8% of the general population is made up of progressive activists but half of the MSM are progressive activists who went into that field because for that reason..........because it gives them opportunities to change the world(they think for the better/their belief system).

I don't know what the profile is of the members of the deep state, other than they think that they are above accountability..........because that's the way it has been. They don't have to answer to the people via elections and I guess if your at the top, like Comey, Lynch, Clapper and Brennan, you can do whatever you want and not be questioned.

One side accuses Trump of doing this..........but we not only know most of what he's doing, we have leakers and spies and "whistle blowers" that tell us stuff about his activities that would never have been tolerated with any other president, so not only is he accountable for everything that he does, he's accountable for things that he didn't do(collude with Russia for instance).

Not sure how strongly the intelligence community was aligned with the democratic party before Trump but with certainty, because of Trump they took that position. 

By wglassfo - Oct. 14, 2019, 12:56 a.m.
Like Reply

Hi MM

Just for the record my 1st job was picking potatoes for 15 cents a bag.

Then I worked in a canning factory  for the princely sum of 90 cents/ hr

All summer jobs

Then I worked the oil wells doing the dirty job with oily water running down my back and shirt for 2.00/hr 

I worked a 12 hr shift and 6 days a week

I thought I had struck my own oil well. 144.00/week with a wife and kid on the way

Then I bought my 1st farm and financed all the machinery 100%. Got a beginning farmer loan for 75% of the farm price. The house was crap with curtains blowing in the wind during winter. I cut wood for sale during the winter. That takes a lot of calories believe you me, working in the snow and cold all day.

The rest is history

I knew what a dollar meant and how hard it was to support a family and pay bills

Corn was 95 cents to maybe a high of 1.25/bu.

I grew all corn because that was the only machinery I could afford

Made a lot of my own small odds and ends from scrap steel from the junk yard to make things a bit easier or efficient. Grew 100 acres of cucumbers, ran a crew of 100 plus high school kids, detasseling seed corn with the help of my two sons. Anything to make a dollar. And yes the kids worked in the cucumbers

I mixed and poured cement for a pig barn the hard way with a shovel, cement mixer and wheel barrow

I talked/negotiated with finance people/sharks, banks etc , did endless financial statements etc. and sold myself as a successful person, so people would risk money on my plan. I faced endless rejection but kept on plugging away

We lived on almost nothing, the kids never got an allowance [they earned their spending money, one yr they painted a barn/shed for me at an agreed price if they finished the job, picked rocks for other people, worked in a fab shop grinding/dressing up steel welds with an electric grinder, as a test to see if they would quit [they both stuck it out and learned to weld] etc but never got a dime for free] We did help with post secondary education, but we invested early in a scholarship fund if they went beyond secondary school, which helped bigly, with tuition and other living expenses.. We did have to top the expenses up a bit but the school fund paid the lion's share, which we paid yrly without fail, until they went off to higher education. If we missed just one yr we would lose all we had invested. Tough love but those were the terms of agreement 

I worked dang hard and so did the wife and kids

I never told the kids they had to save or what to spend their money on. They earned it so they decided what to do with it. If they ran out of money then it was just too bad for them. They learned really fast, the value of a dollar.

You don't start farming with a negative net worth by being stupid, which I did. with the negative net worth.

I still had college bills to pay, and diapers to wash. No money for fancy throw away stuff. I don't know if they were around back then

It was as hard back then, to start a farm, as it is today. Only difference is the dollar amount.

Today I would have to start differently, growing different crops and livestock. Probably goats and chickens plus some grain corn, and market veggies sold in cottage country along with fire wood. Maybe I dunno., maybe fiixing RV's as a sideline, offering parking space for off summer months on the farm, winterizing and fixing and parking. Most of those folks can't fix anything but it can be done. Just look for the opportunity that fits with your schedule. Have a few cows and use rye cut end of May, then a crop of corn. Use mostly corn stalks for bedding and feed plus the rye crop cut green mixed with corn stalks and dry lot the cows. Goats will eat what the cows won't eat., plus goat milk sells for a fortune at the high end health food stores. Opportunity is there. You just have to go get it....

Our family today has some advantages I did not have, but the whole shee bang started with the wife and myself, many yrs ago

I remember my 4-5 yr old youngest pushing manure with a tiny shovel/scraper he found, trying to help me do chores. And of course a perennial runny nose

If you succeed you probably have some smarts and a talent to make things work. We aren't all of the same mold.

And don't tell me politics doesn't use other people's donations which is supposed to be free money, but for a price so it isn't really free money. There is always pay back expected. Heck even local politics expects pay back. At least around these parts.

I have donated campaign money and I got what I needed.

Been there, done that

By metmike - Oct. 14, 2019, 1:04 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks for sharing Wayne!