Comments
By GunterK - May 30, 2018, 10:51 p.m.
Like Reply

I totally agree with these complaints. Neither the President, nor any member of his family, nor any high-ranking government official should try to make personal profits from their connection with the government. It just doesn't feel right and it doesn't seem to be ethical.... after all, the US is supposed to be better than most "banana republics", where such activities are commonplace

The Founding Fathers had it quite right, when they included this issue in their documents.

Of course, while I am writing this, I couldn't help but think of the Clinton Charitable Foundation and their 1.8 Bill in "contributions". They certainly set a precedent on how to circumnavigate questions about ethics.

By TimNew - May 31, 2018, 4:27 a.m.
Like Reply

The question that needs to be asked is..   How much business did Ivanka do with China and other countries prior to the Trump presidency?

There are no laws against US citizens doing business over seas.  There are certainly questions raised if the business is exclusively, or at least strongly based on political connections. 

A quick query shows that Ivanka has been engaged in this business since 2007...  It's certainly grown since then..  But I see no indication of significant and/or unusual growth in the last 1.5 years.

OTOH,  the Clinton foundation.........

By cliff-e - May 31, 2018, 7:30 a.m.
Like Reply

Apparently Drumpfs "Swamp Draining" means filling it up with his own TRump sewage. :~/

By TimNew - May 31, 2018, 8:24 a.m.
Like Reply

My question was whether or not Ivanka has actually engaged in criminal activity.  It's not illegal to do business with foreign companies,  even if your name, or a relatives, is Trump.

It might be unethical if there has been a spike in her business in the last 1.5 years,  but the data does not indicate that.

Seems you feel that if she does not retire, she's guilty of treason..  Another word you've redefined out of existence,