Farm question
0 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Oct. 22, 2019, 5:51 p.m.

We know that canada and the USA plus the EU and so many all have different kinds of assisstance for the farm industry

My Question??

!:  How much of a shock would it be to the farm community if all gov't subsidies were suddenly stopped If my son was in business in your country with a fab shop he would not have the gov't subsidies the farm community receives, even subsidized crop insurance which would be as if  he lost a big customer so as revenue dropped he would qualify for crop insurance to stay in biz until next yr. Same thing in Canada.

I wonder how much, if any, the USA farmer really needs as we don't have your level of gov't assisstance but we keep on farming

I see some counties are declaring a disaster due to weather issues this fall, but canada has huge acres of snow covered crop out in the field

2:;  I wonder how many acres would be planted to grain crops if there was no crop isurance. I wonder if your crop insurance actually helps to creats a surplus of grain where grain would not be grown if the risk was borne by the farmer and no back stop of crop insurance if a crop failure happened

We don't carry crop insurance on our farm but if we farmed in northern canada I bet we would adapt to different Ag production crops or methods

So is your gov't doing you any favous by spending so much on the farm bill. Is this expenditure really neccessary when others [such as ourselves] can grow crops without any gov't assisstance

We pay about 300.00 CAD to rent crop land

If the 5 yr average is over 200 bu then the rent is 400.00

But any way my  question is the benefit of subsidized Ag. to society as a whole. I don't think we would starve if all gov't assistance suddenly stopped. So why spend that money on a few select people, some of whom are already millionaires. If you own 200 acres in the C and B belt you are a millionaire or multi millionaire

Comments
No replies yet. Be the first!