ncfarm -- update on bin with failed floor
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Nov. 16, 2019, 10:44 p.m.

Long story short the 80k floor had so many problems they tore floor out and replaced correctly

Waiting for snow to go away

3 days to finish harvest

Prolly be a sloppy mess

Comments
By mcfarm - Nov. 17, 2019, 6:47 a.m.
Like Reply

congrats...glad they fixed it right instead of a 1/2 ass solution. We had an all day rain turn to 3 inches of snow last Monday and was shelling Wednesday when the sun came out and what a sloppy mess in less than 1 hour ...had to go home until Friday and ran good over the weekend.....around 60,000 bu and lucky to have the corn dry down to around 17% in places

By wglassfo - Nov. 17, 2019, 10:51 a.m.
Like Reply

Wow 17%

You prolly by-passed the drier and directly into the bin

60 k is no small amount of corn harvested in a week end 2 days or 3 ??? 1 combine???

That is what we would do. Directly into bin.

We have one combine with 12 row. Smallest yellow machine they make so separation area dictates capacity

Dang snow still on the ground. Will try Monday.

Run fans and blend when shipping out, will work for you, I would think

Unless we get docked for moisture we did the math and will truck water instead of over dried corn

The person blending when loading/shipping can make or break 100.00/load [sometimes more] very easily

Multiply by number of loads and it adds up

We did the math and anything between 15.5 and 15.8 is the sweet spot with no dockage "here" Just shrink and actual shrink not those crazy elevator shrink factors., I see on some of your elevator charts

We have found over the yrs, about .03% is the range, between calibrated testers, so know what your end usuer is at, compared to your tester.. They have the final say in what you are paid.

I forgot think you have some  live stock???

I remember you were going to pack your wife along with us on vacation. You had stuff to do around home so I assumed live stock

We should get down your way some day

We will be going to Ohio this summer, maybe we could swing around your way on the way home. Heck we like to crop tour along the way. An extra day or two is nothing at our age. The boys do  most all the work, once spring rush is over, and bulk of spraying, side dressing is done.