Barrick stk
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Dec. 1, 2019, 10:02 a.m.

Once again a vist to our investment advisor. I have to admit he does a decent job, considering my wife wants conservative investments

However, once agin I pushed gold. Barrick is a good stk if you think gold is a part of your portfolio. Nobody listens to me. Barrick did very well last yr. and I was a fan of barrack last yr. I feel like Rodney Dangerfield.

I am convinced when everybody is looking for the exit, gold will become stronger and gold miners will be the place to be

Now you have to know who is a serious gold miner and who is just going through the motions

In my mind Barrick is the place to be. Even though cost of production for an once of gold has risen from 100/oz to over 1000/oz the price of gold should offer good dividends. Be careful which miner stk you choose

You get what you paid and this is not an investment advisory in any shape or otherwise

Comments
Re: Barrick stk
0 likes
By Richard - Dec. 1, 2019, 1:43 p.m.
Like Reply

REAL gold should do better then a gold stock. As gold goes up so will oil and gold mining is energy intensive.

Re: Barrick stk
0 likes
By bear - Dec. 3, 2019, 12:13 p.m.
Like Reply

gold stocks are too cheap (my opinion),  but at some point (soon i think), they should rally some more.  

however,... pull up a long term chart 30 years or 25 yrs.  compare gold to barrick, compare gold to GFI, compare gold to newmont, compare gold to anglo-american ect, etc,... 

also compare silver to hecla, compare silver to paas, compare silver to CDE, etc...

you will find that gold has outperformed most pm shares.  this is because of declining grades in mining.   

so i have a mix,... some CEF (gold and silver fund), and some mining shares.  (fnv, paas, nem,) 

i also like silvercrest (SILV).  

i did have some shares in arizona mining, but their deposit here in southern AZ was bought out by south32.