corn exports
17 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - June 6, 2018, 11:21 a.m.

https://twitter.com/kannbwx/status/1004362733024894976

don't know why but corn exports have been getting bad press   ohhhh press I see

Comments
By metmike - June 6, 2018, 11:34 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks mcfarm,

Fundamentals have turned strongly bullish in corn. World ending stocks are forecast to plunge. The US needs a near record crop. 

Even with the strong US dollar recently, exports have been outstanding..........the world needs corn.

If a dome would shift in later this month and last thru July, corn would spike over $5. 

Of course the latest forecasts are for cooler and wetter weather in week 2. 

By mcfarm - June 6, 2018, 11:38 a.m.
Like Reply

I have read that 87 m planted acres t 170b/a does not add to carry over

By silverspiker - June 6, 2018, 2:27 p.m.
Like Reply

I am looking to get LONG  Z- December Corn (new crop) for the rest of the growing season...

A 396- (the figure)Print for Z- December New Crop Corn Will   Unleash an ENORMOUS amount of sell stops...

... buying 200 contracts at 396-00 will unleash MY OWN...

MILLION BUSHEL CORN MARCH !!!

...time stamp a ticket !!!

(my line in the sand will not be infringed upon)... buy low stay high   

By mcfarm - June 6, 2018, 3:54 p.m.
Like Reply

go spiker!!!!!

By metmike - June 6, 2018, 7:16 p.m.
Like Reply

yes, go silverspiker but please, please, please stop shouting(with huge letters).

By silverspiker - June 6, 2018, 7:28 p.m.
Like Reply

understood...will not try to awaken Lady Minerva until she comes to me @ 3-96

By MarkB - June 7, 2018, 12:15 a.m.
Like Reply

Looks like fundamentals will be driving this market. At least until we know what the crop progress is known. 

By mcfarm - June 7, 2018, 7:23 a.m.
Like Reply

Mark, not trying to be  a Vandy here but after last year we probably should say "until we know the perceptions of crop conditions" because if last year proved anything it proved usda does not know anything about crop conditons

By silverspiker - June 7, 2018, 2:37 p.m.
Like Reply

... my perception, contained in my own delusional mind, bought 1 million bushels of Z-December Corn @ 3-96... 

--- Exit Strategy = $ 5-16.00 Per Bushel... Will Double Down @ $ 4-44.00

By mcfarm - June 7, 2018, 3:46 p.m.
Like Reply

somehow Chicago missed that trade apparently

By metmike - June 8, 2018, 11:57 a.m.
Like Reply

silverspiker,

Thanks for the gonads to post your trades and thoughts.

I can see that you are very expressive and flamboyant. Enthusiasm like this is welcomed with open arms.  Please keep it up(without the huge letters-just like in the last post).

I'll try to arrange for the dome of death to show up next week for you to get rich on this trade (-:

By metmike - June 8, 2018, 12:01 p.m.
Like Reply

Corn historical perspective:

Who remembers $8 corn not so long(5 years) ago   

mcfarm remembers $1.50 corn back in the bad old days    Even $1 corn if he's an old man. 

3 month below

1 year below

5 year below                

10 year below                

By metmike - June 8, 2018, 12:21 p.m.
Like Reply

Corn the last 45 years. Spiked down to $1/bushel at the end of 1960! Got down there again during the harvest of 1968!

Was down to $1.50 as recently as 1987.

Then came...............................ethanol. The rock bottom price for corn with ethanol is $3.

http://www.macrotrends.net/2532/corn-prices-historical-chart-data

By silverspiker - June 8, 2018, 12:51 p.m.
Like Reply

...thanks for the historicals Mike...

... today's price action should be the doji star in the second session of a 3- day candle-stick formation called an 

"evening doji star" ...this is pure speculation that Sunday night and Monday day sessions will be a smokin',

hole-shot burnout to the wheely-poppin' upside ( never to return to 3-96 level before hitting 5.16)....

... I just got my mentor long too who is a huge Whychoff fanatic & Dalai Lama freak...   

... I usually stay away from long term , pyramiding trades, especially in corn... HOWEVER...I am comfortable with the 

MARGIN and the TRADE... my mentor chuckled in compassion and love when I called this the

"BUILD THE HOUSE TRADE"...   

I listen to this everytime I get long Maize...in a cornfield ridin' in the daybreak rollin' through the hay like a puppy-chil'...

A-Maizing Grace

By metmike - June 8, 2018, 1:44 p.m.
Like Reply

So far, you look like a genius silverspiker!

By cutworm - June 8, 2018, 10:28 p.m.
Like Reply

Inflation adjusted corn chart

https://www.ers.usda.gov/data-products/chart-gallery/gallery/chart-detail/?chartId=76964

Corn relatively cheaper than the $1 corn of the 60's

By metmike - June 9, 2018, 10:45 a.m.
Like Reply

Good chart Cutworm. I'll lead with it on Saturday.