silver 100 yr cycles
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by bear - Dec. 28, 2019, 11:04 a.m.

or maybe I should title this... why silver will not go blasting past 50 bucks any time soon.  

1800's-silver had little spikes in the first half of the 1800's, but did not go to a Big new high until the later half the century.  (with the civil war).  

1900's-silver had little spikes in the first half of the 1900's, but did not go past the high from the 1800's until the second half of the 1900's.  even with WW1, the depression,  & WW2, silver still did Not go past its civil war high.  it wasn't til the inflation of the roaring 70's that silver blasted all the way up to 50.  

2000's-with all the turmoil of the Y2K, Iraq war, housing crash, silver still did not go past its high from the 1900's.  so my quess is that silver will not go on to new big records until the 2nd half of this century.  maybe by 2070 we will blast up to 500 bucks or 1000 bucks.  but prior to the year 2050, silver will mostly stay below 50 bucks.  

if silver goes up to 50 in the next 10 years, it will come back down to 25.  

so buy at 20 (or later 25),  sell at 50.  (this should work for the next decade or so).   as we get closer to 2040 this may change.   more on that later.

Comments
By wglassfo - Dec. 28, 2019, 12:36 p.m.
Like Reply

So if my physical silver goes to 30-40 I should sell as I will get a chance to re-own more with the same dollars and then my estate can wait for the last 1/2 of the cycle

Gold has shown some movement

I also have physical gold

My thinking was as a hedge against possible hyper inflation. The printing press and debt seems to me to be out of control and can only get worse, as social obligations come due.

What happens if the treasury wants to roll debt and there are not enough buyers??

I can't use a chunk of land for essentials but gold and/or silver would be a medium of exchange

Could I use bu. of corn as a medium of exchange?? I dunno. I would get rather hungry, feeding corn, and waiting on feeders to get to slaughter wt or grow a garden for self sufficiency. I suppose I could make Johnny cake, but that is not realistic. I could use the barter system to acquire the essentials to make basic food and set up my personal grocery store such as in distant yrs past. Who would be able to pay. Do I take a lien against personal property?? What if the person uses a gun as they have nothing of value to barter. Could I use the labour??? as we would be in a different world.

Just some crazy thoughts

If gold or silver goes back down my next purchase will be coins

I have bars of gold and silver which need to be exchanged for smaller units

My 1st purchase and my mistake

By Richard - Dec. 28, 2019, 8:06 p.m.
Like Reply

Silver to $60 in 2020/2021 with $245 oil. the real question is, am early and finally correct, still early or just an idiot?