Church shooting on Sunday
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Dec. 30, 2019, 10:05 p.m.

Armed parishioners saved 'untold number of lives.' This law made it legal to have guns in church

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/30/us/guns-legal-texas-church/index.html

Senate Bill 535 took effect in Septemberand clarifies possession of firearms at places of worship. The bill allows licensed handgun owners to legally carry their weapons in churches, synagogues and other houses of worship.

One month after Texas church shooting, pastor says his faith is stronger than ever

"We have learned many times over that there is no such thing as a gun-free zone. Those with evil intentions will violate the law and carry out their heinous acts no matter what," state Sen. Donna Campbell, co-sponsor of the bill, said in a statement when the bill was passed in September. "It makes no sense to disarm the good guys and leave law-abiding citizens defenseless where violent offenders break the law to do great harm."

Comments
By mcfarm - Jan. 1, 2020, 7:56 a.m.
Like Reply

I still believe our constitution allows us gun rights. I have seen it, read it, and believe it.

By TimNew - Jan. 1, 2020, 10:02 a.m.
Like Reply

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

The only question I have here is...    How is there even a debate over what is meant by "Shall not be infringed"..