mcfarm
1 response | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Jan. 9, 2020, 2:19 a.m.

Re: your earlier post about SA corn

The technical director [who ever that is] has said Rio Grande do Sul has already lost 15% of the corn crop and losses will only increase unless substantial rainfall happens, which doesn't seem to happen with enough rain to catch up, thus a soil moisture event, with high heat just keeps on happening

Now correct me if I am wrong but I thought that was the heart of corn and bean production

Northern and southern areas of Brazil are drier

Argentina isn't in any great shakes either

Seems SA will have less corn

They sold every bu to China last yr, so how much will they have for sale this yr???

This guy is telling corn producers to not forward contract any corn as higher prices are expected

Livestock growers are advised to secure grain [corn] supplies now as price will most likely be higher than 5.50/bu USD. How much is that at the port to load boats??? although price should go lower, as new crop harvest begins, one would think. So why is this guy saying to not contract corn???

The early harvested bean ground will most likely be planted to cotton, then Safrina corn will be planted later in the season. There is no corn out of SA for sale until new crop is harvested as it is all sold

You posted a short fall in production some time ago and now this person confirms your post 

Comments
Re: mcfarm
0 likes
By mcfarm - Jan. 9, 2020, 10:30 a.m.
Like Reply

Yes Wayne on most everything in your post. MM has posted much the same with his maps. Would I bet the farm that SA finally has a crop failure....no......but odds predict a shorter crop for sure