Buy set up for oil
5 responses | 1 like
Started by Richard - June 7, 2018, 7:18 a.m.

According to a book called "Street Smarts", when bearish news comes out and then market makes a swift move down immediately, and then slowly crawls back and get one tick above where prices were when the news broke, you can go long with a stop just below the low of the prior move. ie. the high as the bearish oil inventories news came out was $65.55. We then made a low at 64.27. That low was made less then 30 minutes of the news. We have since come back. If we get above 65.55, you can go long with a stop just below 64.27. For me that is a big stop so I am not going to use this trade and additionally I have seen goldman sach do pump and dumps too often and set traders up who use this set=up. A better trade set up may be to see if we make a slight high above 65.55 and then come back down to stop all the traders out who use this trade set up, so going long at 64.25 with a stop around 63.90 could be a better deal . Anyway we are only at 65.30 right now so this is just a potential trade at this point.

Comments
By mikempt - June 7, 2018, 10:09 a.m.
Like Reply

I have a bull flag formation on my daily charts

By Richard - June 7, 2018, 11:07 a.m.
Like Reply

I agree that the price action is looking bullish and taking out the high just prior to the inventories was also bullish, but how high do we go? Does your flag project a price? I just can not see us getting above $70 in the next few months. 

By metmike - June 7, 2018, 11:14 a.m.
Like Reply

By metmike - June 7, 2018, 11:21 a.m.
Like Reply

"According to a book called "Street Smarts""

Richard,

I got that book the year it came out, mid 1990's I think and found it had some excellent, trading stuff, especially using patterns. I was trading exclusively on weather and could see why the weather would cause some of the more powerful, reliable signals that she presented.  

https://www.amazon.com/Street-Smarts-Probability-Short-Term-Strategies/product-reviews/0965046109

By hayman - June 7, 2018, 11:31 a.m.
Like Reply