Trey Gowdy
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Jan. 18, 2020, 7:54 p.m.

Just listened to Trey Gowdy whom I have a great deal of respect

He says the impeachment should be short and swift with maybe 3 senators who might have an open mind

I am assuming he is thinking this will be mostly partisan impeachment voting

As an outsidered I am wondering what stops an endless impeachment process from the losing side in any presidential election, going forward, with closed Parisian minds

Is that the way your founders of a great empire thought your elected officials would act??

Given the impeachment articles [or what ever they are called] have been presented to the senate, now a low bar example has been set

Trump calls it a coup and I agree with him. Of coarse my opinion doesn't count. Just saying

All you need, going forward, is some kind of low bar, he said, she said and the battle for impeachment is on, again and again after every election. How far down the ladder will this go. State, municipal, local?? who knows what might or could happen. Presidential for sure.

From the outside looking in, your country looks to be falling apart at the seams, and Trump could be impeached if Trey is wrong and enough pubs are peeled off to vote a coup

Sort of what happened to Rome many yrs ago

Only today we get a front row seat to past history

Seriously, you folks have some serious problems, and I don't see it getting any better.

I just hope we don't copy your actions.

Comments
Re: Trey Gowdy
0 likes
By metmike - Jan. 18, 2020, 10:02 p.m.
Like Reply

You hit the bullseye dead center Wayne.

Almost every president in our country’s history could have been accused of “abuse of power”by the opposing party for numerous actions that they took.

The 2.5 year investigation into Trump by Mueller found nothing. Note that none of it is mentioned in the impeachment. But the dems are determined to impeach, so they use abuse of power.....almost impossible to defend against and obstructing congress.....for exercising his legal rights to defend himself against these charges.

Every vote for impeachment came from people of 1 party, the party that opposes trump because they disagree with his politics and were unhappy with the results of the election and want to stop him from being elected again.

The MSM want the same thing for the same reason and are abusing journalism, turning into blatant political, progressive activism.......the scandal of the decade. Destroy president Trump.

And half the people, many who hate Trump are on board with this, knowinng the ethics and professional violations happening every day in order to obliterate Donald Trump.

Saddest thing is that many of those people hate president Trump more than they love our country.......including people we elected to work for us, holding political offices.

They would rather see his policies fail, in fact do things to oppose his policies that are intended to be good for America because they want Trump to fail and they avoid complimenting him on everything.....finding fault, even when he takes out bad guys.....who suddenly were not so bad after all because Trump took them out.

There has always been divisiveness in politics but this is destroying personal relationships and changing some of our elected officials from just disengenous and self serving to downright diabolical.

Our democracy is supposed to be the best governmental system vs some corrupt political systems in the world.........that we constantly try to change because the US always knows best-right?

What has been taking place here, including things like the corruptly started Mueller witchhunt and the current 100% partisan  impeachment charade is telling the world that our system is completely failing. 

Think about it. For the past 4 months, the headline news on most days has been the impeachment. The Iran thing got top billing for awhile but for the past 4 months and even most of the past 3 years, the thing defining our politics here is

Donald trump trying to push agenda based mostly on his platform vs the democrats and MSM  making it their top priority to destroy him vs getting things done for the American people......because working with him would make him look good.

This is a tragedy. 

By metmike - Jan. 18, 2020, 11:08 p.m.
Like Reply

The only reason that Trump is in trouble over this is because of the following FALSE narrative:

President Trump was trying to dig up dirt on Joe Biden from previous events in the Ukraine where there is no evidence that the Biden’s did anything wrong.

We hear this repeated hundreds of times by the MSM and dems.

But this is not true. Joe Biden did some unethical things when he used his position as VP using nepotism to get Hunter a job he clearly was not qualified for in the Ukraine and possibly much more.

He I s lying when he says that he had nothing to do with it and only talked to hunter one time about it, uttering this one statement “I hope you know what you’re doing”

We have pictures of joe, hunter and a key person with the company that hunter worked for playing golf together. You don’t take people on a golf outing like this, that you never met before  In your life unless there is a business or political deal going on. There is a zero chance that they did not talk business and politics and 100% chance that joe is lying that he only said that one thing that one time to hunter about his job and company.

When somebody blatantly lies to you about something like this, it means they have to cover up the incriminating truth. When the truth proves you innocent... you tell the truth.

This is why joe Biden is lying.....he is covering up his corruption but common sense already told us he played a role in hunter getting this high paying job in a field he had 0 experience at in a country he knew nothing about.

Are we all dumb arses to believe there is no evidence of wrong doing?

Since there was wrong doing by joe Biden, this was not digging up dirt. Since nobody else would investigate this wrong doing, President Trump trying to investigate likely corruption between a previous VP and a country that he’s dealing with now is a legit endeavor. 

One can question his tactics but not whether it’s legit for him to try to have this real corruption investigated. We know that he was motivated most because it was Biden. So what?

This defines every issue and every action by our politicians today. Note that every person trying  to impeach Trump is a Democrat....the opposite party, just like joe Biden is.

If trump was a democrat taking the exact same actions related to the whistle phone call, there is a zero chance the democrats would be impeaching him.adam Schiff insisted he would do the same thing if this were a Democrat.

Yeah, right. He would have made up a parody of lies to read into the record to mislead everybody if it was a fellow Democrat.

So what Trump was trying to do was legit. In fact, don’t we all deserve answers to to explain that situation with joe and hunter Biden?

By metmike - Jan. 19, 2020, 7:55 p.m.
Like Reply

This is not to say that President Trump made a perfect phone call and does not break rules and do things his way, even when its a bad idea.

The abuse of power thing would only be a problem for me if it weren't for the fact that he is seeking the truth.........because he thinks that the truth is that Biden is corrupt of course but the truth knows no political parties and I am all for getting to the truth. 

We could use his withdrawing from the Climate Accord as another example of his abuse of power. 

Almost every country in the world is on board and he is greatly despised for doing this and being accused of causing the planet to be destroyed.

The Climate Accord and fake climate crisis is the biggest fraud perpetrated on the human race and him withdrawing was one of the smartest decisions made ever by a US president but its the truth based on authentic science and energy policies.

So I applaud him for doing something that has resulted in massive attacks and criticism and abuse of power accusations. ....because doing the RIGHT thing is always more important than doing the most popular thing.